Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
|Use time||19 Very Fast|
The Flairon is a Hardmode melee weapon that auto-fires a ball-and-chain that is shaped like a Duke Fishron head about 25 tiles from the player, and releases homing bubble projectiles that damage enemies. The Flairon has a 1/5 chance of being dropped by Duke Fishron.
Although graphically resembling a Flail, the Flairon is more similar in function to the Chain Knife, the KO Cannon or Golem Fist. It is not affected by gravity, does not remain deployed when holding the fire button, and cannot be swung around. Rather, holding the fire button causes it to auto-fire repeatedly, returning and re-firing when it impacts or reaches its maximum range.
Ruthless may do more raw damage, but Its best Modifier is Godly.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Flairon will emit a bubble every 1/15th of a second while it is out. Because of this, it is beneficial to try and run away from the direction you throw it in, to maximize the damage output, or even to miss your target on purpose.
- Like most projectiles, the Flairon moves slower in Liquids. However, as it emits bubbles while deployed, increasing the time it remains extended also increases its damage output.
- Although the bubbles do the same damage as the Flairon head, they will not inflict Flask debuffs and do not carry fire effects from the Magma Stone, its derivatives, or the Frost Armor set bonus. The head, however, will carry all of these.
- Without modifiers, the head travels at a speed of 102 MPH. This can be seen by using a Mechanical Cart (which travels at 102 MPH according to the Stopwatch), and firing the direction opposite of where you are going.
- The Flairon and its projectiles can also go through one block thick walls. By flying against the wall in an up and down pattern and holding the fire button, the Flairon will sometimes go through the wall.
- Simply standing right against the wall and firing as straight as possible into it will also work. This is best accomplished in the Console versions, as they have a 'non-cursor mode'.
- On the Old-gen console, Mobile, and versions, the Flairon is one of most powerful melee weapons available. On the Desktop and Console versions, it is outclassed by the Solar Eruption.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Because the Flairon produces the bubbles while it is being swung, it is more effective if aimed slightly away from desired targets. The bubbles do the same amount of damage as the main projectile but have the additional bonus of homing and frequency.
- The Flairon can also be an effective weapon to use against the Pumpkin Moon and Frost Moon.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The developers have referred to the Flairon as the "Flailron" in patch notes.
- The head of the Flairon is similar to Duke Fishron's head.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Sell price increased from 2 to 5 .
- Flairon’s chain will now go back faster if it is too far and disappear if it still cannot catch up.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]