|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
The Flame Trap is a mechanism found naturally in the Jungle Temple. When activated, it fires a jet of fire, which has a range of 20 (47 ) blocks (slightly less than the Flamethrower), and can pierce an infinite number of enemies. It has a cooldown of 3 seconds between firings ( 3.33 or 3 1/3 seconds).
Although naturally-generated Flame Traps are always found in the horizontal orientation, players can rotate them 90° using a hammer.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Though the Jungle Temple is littered with traps, this type is fairly rare. It is possible that a given map's temple only features a single Flame Trap, or even none.
- It can damage players behind the block as well as above and below if a player stands too close to it.
- It does not function under water or honey, and its flame will stop premature to its maximum range if it makes contact with either. It does, however, function under and through lava.
- Unlike the Geyser, the Flame Trap's jet will only pierce blocks placed directly adjacent to it.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1:
- Sprite updated.
- Can now be hammered to rotate 90 degrees at a time.
- Desktop 1.2.2: Flame Traps no longer trigger the Spectre Armor's set bonus (other traps were fixed in 184.108.40.206).
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.