Flameburst sentry summons
The Flameburst Rod, Cane, and Staff are special sentry summon weapons that summon a Flameburst Tower sentry minion at the point clicked. Each Flameburst sentry is a short tower that fires fireballs at approaching enemies, which are non-piercing but can cause splash damage on impact which have a chance to inflict the On Fire! debuff. Unlike other projectile sentries, the Flameburst is unable to aim and shoot upward at an angle greater than 45°; flying enemies are therefore ignored when they fly above it. The Rod is sold by the Tavernkeep for 5 Defender Medals, the Cane for 25, and the Staff for 100.
The Rod is always available. The Cane becomes available after defeating one Mechanical Boss, and the Staff becomes available after defeating Golem. The three different versions cause an identical effect, but with varying statistics, with the Staff being the most expensive and the most powerful.
These weapons can only be used outside of the Old One's Army event after the event has been successfully completed. Completing the event on any difficulty allows Rods, Canes, and Staves alike to be used outside of the event.
During the Old One's Army event, Etherian Mana can be collected, which allows the placement of multiple Flameburst Towers that remain permanently until the event is over. Etherian Mana cannot be used outside the event.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Tiers[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Completing the Old One's Army event on any difficulty sets a hidden attribute for both the world it was completed on and the character who completed it. Any characters, including newly made ones, who visit that world may then use Rods, Canes, and Staves on any world. The character who completed the event may also use Rods, Canes, and Staves on any world.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Explosive trap fires instantly after its attack cooldown ends. This also means it will attack instantly on being summoned. Rapid summoning will dramatically increase its natural firing rate at the cost of high mana consumption. This style of usage can be effective against mobs that are too powerful to die to a single shot, and can be useful in boss fights as long as there are suitable placement options. To maximize this effect, this sentry can be set directly on an enemy that is near the ground.
See also[edit | edit source]
- Flamethrower Tower at Dungeon Defenders 2 Wiki.
- Lightning Aura sentry summons
- Explosive Trap sentry summons
- Ballista sentry summons
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.4: Introduced.