|Knockback||0.3 (Extremely Weak)|
|Use time||29 Average|
|Tooltip||Uses gel for ammo|
|Debuff duration||20 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
- Internal Item ID: 506
For a standard Flamethrower, every click of the attack button consumes one Gel and generates five "lines" of fire in quick succession that can be spread over an area by moving the mouse while firing. With some Modifiers that increase firing speed (eg. Unreal and Rapid), each attack consumes two gel and fires six lines.
Its best Modifier is Unreal.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Water stops the Flamethrower's projectiles, although it will hit enemies just under its surface, and it will not fire at all while under water. The Flamethrower will fire into lava, but will not fire from within lava.
- The Flamethrower has the ability to pierce through 4 enemies, hitting up to about 5 enemies per shot.
- If shot at a 1-block thick floor from below, enemies walking on top will take damage.
- The Frost Moon event adds the Elf Melter, an indirect upgrade of the Flamethrower.
- As it requires Souls of Fright to craft, it is unavailable until defeating Skeletron Prime.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It's a great weapon for crowd control, being very effective against Old One's Army or a Pirate Invasion.
- Flamethrowers are exceptional for fighting worms, because it can hit multiple segments at once.
- Although five to six shots can be fired per press, firing six shots at the same enemies are likely to only cause three hits on each enemy, which should be kept in mind so as not to waste gel.
- When paired up with Frost armor, this weapon can inflict On Fire! and Frostburn at the same time. This is signified by orange and blue flames coming from the Flamethrower.
- A Flamethrower with the Slow modifier may actually be better, as it does not consume as much gel but has around the same DPS.
- One could make a gel farm using Slime Statues to easily stockpile ammunition. Gastropods are another abundant source.
- If one cannot find any Slime Statues, the Slime Rain event and King Slime fight are convenient ways to quickly gather large amounts of gel.
- It can be helpful when fighting enemies that move quickly.
- It's completely useless against water-based enemies.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Flamethrower projectiles are no longer considered magic.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.