Flaming Arrows are a type of arrow. They are an upgrade to the Wooden Arrow, dealing slightly more damage. Unlike regular Wooden Arrows, they have a chance to inflict the On Fire! debuff on enemies. They are fairly easy to craft, although they require Torches, which are used for many other things in the early game. Still, they are useful to players who have not yet acquired the materials to make large amounts of Unholy Arrows and Jester's Arrows. They are also useful if you have large amounts of them and have no torches while in a dark cave, as they provide light when fired.
Flaming Arrows emit light when fired or dropped, making them useful for temporary lighting in a cave. However, they will not emit light if fired into water. Flaming Arrows are recoverable after hitting a wall or enemy 1/3 of the time, but only 1/4 of those that do remain lit; the rest drop as Wooden Arrows. Wooden Arrows fired from the Molten Fury, behave similarly and have a chance to be recovered as Flaming Arrows.
Console, Mobile, 3DS version
- A full stack of 999 Wooden Arrows can be upgraded to Flaming Arrows using about 100 Torches.
- When using the Molten Fury with the Endless Quiver equiped, firing will turn the arrows to flaming arrows allowing for infinite flaming arrows to be acquired.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Recipe changed from 5 to 10 Wooden Arrows.
- Damage increased from 6 to 7.
- Sell price reduced from 3 to 2.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Stack limit increased from 250 to 999.
- Recipe changed from 3 to 5 Wooden Arrows.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Recipe changed from 5 to 4 Wooden Arrows.
- Flaming Arrows do not emit light underwater (undocumented).
- After firing, it is possible they may return as Wooden Arrows (undocumented).