- Internal Item ID: 3017
Flower Boots are a rare accessory which cause flowers to grow when the player walks on grass. These flowers are the same as the tall weeds that would normally grow on grass, meaning that they can be broken to spawn Seeds and critters, as well as harvested with a Sickle to produce Hay. Flower Boots only function on regular grass blocks, Jungle grass blocks, and Hallowed grass blocks.
Flower Boots can occasionally be found in Ivy Chests.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- There is a 50% chance for a short flower and a 50% chance for a tall flower to generate. See the overview to the right for the flowers which can be generated.
- No flowers are generated if the player is currently using a hook or if the block is covered by any liquid or hammered in any way.
- Flowers are generated every tick, if the conditions are fulfilled. This means that flowers will generate even when standing still: Any flora destroyed will instantly be replaced with a new flower where the player is standing.
- Even though Plantera's Bulbs may look like flowers, the boots do not cause them to grow when worn on Jungle Grass.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- When combined with the Sickle, they can be used to quickly generate large amounts of Hay.
- The Flower Boots can be very effective for farming critters such as Worms and Grasshoppers, thus, making money easy as Gold Worms and Grasshoppers will appear more often.
- If used on Jungle grass, it will be effective for farming Jungle Grass Seeds and critters such as Buggy, Sluggy, and Grubby.
- When a Flare is directly beneath the player's feet, the flowers spawned will be instantly destroyed. Swinging a Bug Net will catch any critters which spawn, saving a lot of time when obtaining bait for fishing.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- True to their name, the Flower Boots will always cause flowers to grow, never ordinary tall grass. This effect is purely aesthetic – flowers have the exact same properties as tall grass.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.2: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
- A tick is a time unit countable by the software. Most of Terraria's updating logic happens every tick. A tick has the length of 1/60th of a second, hence there are 60 ticks in a second and 3600 ticks in a minute.