- Internal Item ID: 3017
These flowers are the same as the tall weeds that would normally grow on grass. As of 22.214.171.124, critters will not drop from any grass broken while wearing Flower Boots, even natural grass. However, in Console version and Mobile version, critters, seeds, and/or hay can be farmed by regrowing and breaking grass rapidly. Flower Boots only function on regular grass blocks, Jungle grass blocks, and Hallowed grass blocks.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- When walking on regular grass or hallowed grass blocks, there is a 50% chance for a short flower and a 50% chance for a tall flower to generate. See the overview to the right for the flowers which can be generated. But when walking on jungle grass blocks, all flowers generated are tall ones.
- No flowers are generated if the player is currently using a hook or if the block is covered by any liquid or hammered in any way.
- Flowers are generated every tick, if the conditions are fulfilled. This means that flowers will generate even when standing still: Any flora destroyed will instantly be replaced with a new flower where the player is standing.
- As of 126.96.36.199, flowers will only generate when the player is moving.
- Neither Plantera's Bulbs nor Life Fruits will be grown by the boots when worn on Jungle Grass.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- When combined with the Sickle, they can be used to quickly generate large amounts of Hay.
- It is unwise to have flower boots always on, as bait does not spawn from the flowers or grass you generate (as of 188.8.131.52), and it blocks grass and flowers from spawning naturally.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- True to their name, the Flower Boots will always cause flowers to grow, never ordinary tall grass. This effect is purely aesthetic – flowers have the exact same properties as tall grass.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Bait no longer spawns from grass or flowers that is grown by the flower boots.
- Flower Boots are now included in the Jungle Crates loot pool.
- Now used to craft the Fairy Boots.
- Desktop 1.3.2: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
Footnotes[edit | edit source]
- A tick is a time unit countable by the software. Most of Terraria's updating logic happens every tick. A tick has the length of 1/60th of a second, hence there are 60 ticks in a second and 3600 ticks in a minute.