Flower of Fire
|Damage||48 / 44 Magic|
|Mana||15 / 17|
|Use time||19 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Throws balls of fire|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
- Internal Item ID: 112
The Flower of Fire is a pre-Hardmode magic weapon that can be found in Shadow Chests in The Underworld. It launches a slow, non-piercing fireball that ricochets up to four times (but not off of platforms), dissipating on the fifth. It has a 50% chance of inflicting the On Fire! debuff for five (ten) seconds.
Its best Modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Flower of Fire cannot be used under liquid and will not use mana, and dissipates instantly on contact with water or honey.
- It does not pierce multiple enemies.
- The Flower of Fire does exceptionally high damage for a pre-Hardmode weapon. Prior to Hardmode, it is second only to the Star Cannon in per-hit damage, and even rivals many high-tier Hardmode weapons in that statistic.
- It can be reforged often because of its low value, making an already powerful item much more useful.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Similar to the Flower of Frost, this item is a reference to the Super Mario Brothers franchise, in which the "Fire Flower" is a power-up that gives the player ability to throw similar bouncing fireballs.
- The Wizard NPC hurls fireballs at enemies in his vicinity in a similar fashion to the Flower of Fire.
- The light produced by the fireball is red, while the light produced from the trail is white and the light from the explosion is orange.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Mana cost reduced from 17 to 15.
- Damage increased from 44 to 48.
- Desktop 1.1:
- Can no longer be used in water
- Mana cost decreased from 19 to 17
- Name changed from "Fire Flower" to "Flower of Fire"
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.