We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
Flower of Fire
Flower of Fire
|Damage||48 / 44 (Magic)|
|Mana||15 / 17|
|Use time||19 (Very Fast)|
|Tooltip||Throws balls of fire|
|Inflicts debuff||On Fire!|
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
|Internal Item ID: 112|
The Flower of Fire is a magic weapon that launches a slow-moving fireball that bounces along the ground, being strongly affected by gravity, and ricochets up to four times before dissipating. It has a 50% chance of inflicting the On Fire! debuff for five seconds, with this duration doubling to 10 seconds in Expert mode. The Flower of Fire cannot be used under liquid and will not use mana, and dissipates instantly on contact with any type of liquid, excluding lava. It does not pierce multiple enemies. The Flower of Fire is found in Shadow Chests in The Underworld.
Its best Modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Flower of Fire does exceptionally high damage for a pre-Hardmode weapon. Prior to Hardmode, it is second only to the Star Cannon in per-hit damage, and even rivals many high-tier Hardmode weapons in that statistic.
- Can be reforged often because of its price, making an already powerful item much more useful.
- The Wizard NPC uses this for self defense against enemies.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This item is a reference to the Super Mario Brothers franchise, in which the "Fire Flower" gives the player ability to throw similar bouncing fireballs.
See Also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.1: Sprite updated.
- Mana cost reduced from 17 to 15.
- Damage increased from 44 to 48.
- Can no longer be used in water
- Mana cost decreased from 19 to 17
- Name changed from "Fire Flower" to "Flower of Fire"
- Pre-Release: Introduced.