Flower of Frost
|Damage||55 / 50 Magic|
|Use time||20 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Shoots a ball of frost|
|Debuff tooltip||It's either really hot or really cold. Either way it REALLY hurts|
- Ballof Frost
The Flower of Frost is a Hardmode magic weapon that has a 28.5% (1/4) chance to be dropped by Ice Mimics in the Underground Snow Biome. It is functionally similar, though superior, to the Flower of Fire. It launches a slow, non-piercing ball of frost that ricochets up to seven times (but not off of platforms), dissipating on the eighth. It has a 50% chance of inflicting the Frostburn debuff for eight (16) seconds.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In contrast to the Flower of Fire, the projectile functions in all liquids, falls slower, and gains height with each bounce.
- Similar to the Flower of Fire, this item is a reference to the Super Mario Brothers franchise, in which the "Ice Flower" is a power-up that gives the player blue clothes and allows the player to throw bouncing ice balls that freeze enemies on contact.
- The Flower of Frost is unusually cheap to reforge in comparison to the other Ice Mimic drops, costing only 33 33 with no modifiers.
- While the Flower of Fire and Flower of Frost's stems look incredibly similar, they are actually different; the leaves are shaped more circular on the Flower of Frost, and there is a distinct lack of shading as well.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Damage increased from 50 to 55.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Fixed bug where Frostburn wasn't applied in PvP when using Flower of Frost.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.