Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
Flower of Frost
|Damage||60 / 50 (Magic)|
|Use time||12 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots a ball of frost|
|Debuff tooltip||It's either really hot or really cold. Either way it REALLY hurts|
- Ball of Frost
The Flower of Frost is a Hardmode magic weapon that has a 31.67% (19/60) chance to be dropped by Ice Mimics in the Ice biome. It is functionally similar, though superior, to the Flower of Fire. It launches a slow, non-piercing ball of frost that ricochets up to seven times (but not off of platforms), dissipating on the eighth. It has a 50% ( 100%) chance of inflicting the Frostburn debuff for 8 (16) seconds.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
On all versions, the Flower of Frost has a 50% chance to inflict the Frostburn debuff in player-versus-player scenarios. However, the debuff can still be activated even if the player receiving damage dodges the initial shot with a Black Belt or Master Ninja Gear.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In contrast to the Flower of Fire, the projectile functions in all liquids, falls slower, and gains height with each bounce.
- Similar to the Flower of Fire, this item is a reference to the Super Mario Brothers franchise, in which the "Ice Flower" is a power-up that gives the player blue clothes and allows the player to throw bouncing ice balls that freeze enemies on contact.
- The Flower of Frost is unusually cheap to reforge in comparison to the other Ice Mimic drops, costing only
41667*41667 with no modifiers.
- While the Flower of Fire and Flower of Frost's stems look incredibly similar, they are actually different; the leaves are shaped more circular on the Flower of Frost, and there is a distinct lack of shading as well.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Damage increased from 55 to 60.
- Use Time decreased from 20 to 12.
- Mana cost decreased from 17 to 11.
- Increased Frostburn chance from 50% to 100%.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Damage increased from 50 to 55.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Fixed bug where Frostburn wasn't applied in PvP when using Flower of Frost.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.