Flower of Frost
|Damage||60 / 50 (Magic)|
|Use time||12 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots a ball of frost|
|Debuff tooltip||It's either really hot or really cold. Either way it REALLY hurts|
- Ball of Frost
The Flower of Frost is a Hardmode magic weapon that has a 31.67% (19/60) chance to be dropped by Ice Mimics in the Ice biome. It is functionally similar, though superior, to the Flower of Fire. It launches a slow, non-piercing ball of frost that ricochets up to seven times (but not off of platforms), dissipating on the eighth. It has a 50% ( 100%) chance of inflicting the Frostburn debuff for 8 (16) seconds.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
On all versions, the Flower of Frost has a 50% chance to inflict the Frostburn debuff in player-versus-player scenarios. However, the debuff can still be activated even if the player receiving damage dodges the initial shot with a Black Belt or Master Ninja Gear.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In contrast to the Flower of Fire, the projectile functions in all liquids, falls slower, and gains height with each bounce.
- Similar to the Flower of Fire, this item is a reference to the Super Mario Brothers franchise, in which the "Ice Flower" is a power-up that gives the player blue clothes and allows the player to throw bouncing ice balls that freeze enemies on contact.
- The Flower of Frost is unusually cheap to reforge in comparison to the other Ice Mimic drops, costing only 41667 with no modifiers.
- While the Flower of Fire and Flower of Frost's stems look incredibly similar, they are actually different; the leaves are shaped more circular on the Flower of Frost, and there is a distinct lack of shading as well.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Sprite updated.
- Damage increased from 55 to 60.
- Use Time decreased from 20 to 12.
- Mana cost decreased from 17 to 11.
- Increased Frostburn chance from 50% to 100%.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Damage increased from 50 to 55.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Fixed bug where Frostburn wasn't applied in PvP when using Flower of Frost.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.