- Internal Item ID: 934
The Flying Carpet is activated by holding ↷ Jump in mid-air, after all double jumping accessories are used. Once it is activated, the player is put on an imaginary horizontal rail. Releasing the key deactivates the carpet, but it may be reactivated at a lower height if there is still flight time left.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In the Mobile version, the Flying Carpet activates automatically after jumping.
- The Flying Carpet will not propel the player upwards in any way, shape or form.
- The carpet is only visible when being used.
- The Flying Carpet moves at a speed of 23 mph and is affected by movement speed bonuses.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- With practice, it is possible to closely estimate total flight time to maximize usage efficiency.
- With skillful use of a hook, the carpet will allow for one of the best early game mobility options.
- While rapidly pressing the ↷ Jump key allows the Flying Carpet to stay afloat twice as long, this is rather impractical.
- Paired with a ranged or magic weapon or a yoyo, it can be very useful when fighting most enemies.
- The Flying Carpet is a useful early game tool for catching flying critters, due to its high speed and ability to stay at the right height until the critter glides to normal flying height.
- Using the Flying Carpet allows the player to very quickly ascend single-block slopes and staircases.
- When using while using the shoe spikes or climbing claws, you can climb at a wall without going down like the tiger climbing gear.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.