Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
Forbidden Armor is a Hardmode armor set consisting of the Forbidden Mask, Forbidden Robes and the Forbidden Treads. Crafting the full set requires 3 Forbidden Fragments and 46 Titanium Bars or Adamantite Bars. It provides a total of 26 defense, increases magic and summon damage by 15% each, increases maximum mana by 80, and increases the minion capacity by 2 (for a total of 3).
With the full set equipped, a golden, spiky, rune-like object, known as the Forbidden Sign, floats behind the player in a very similar fashion to the Stardust Guardian from the Stardust armor set. Double tapping ▼ Down or ▲ Up (depending on the "Activate Set Bonuses" setting) will send a beam of dust particles that summon a sand tornado at the nearest block surface beneath the cursor position at the cost of 20 mana. The beam itself does not deal any damage, but the tornado deals continuous damage to any enemy that comes in direct contact with it. The Sign also casts a faint yellow light around the player, similar to the Mining Helmet.
The storm summoned by the Forbidden Sign rapidly hits for 20 base damage, and is affected by both increases to magic and minion damage (effectively making the Forbidden Mask add +30% damage, spread across two damage types). Items that increase all damage types (like Celestial Shell or Avenger Emblem) will effectively contribute their value twice. The storm's critical strike chance is based entirely on the player's magic critical strike chance.
The dust particles can not pass through solid objects, which means that if there is a solid object between the character and the cursor, the beam will hit the solid object, stop there, and the sand tornado will not be summoned. Only one sand tornado can be summoned at a time, and when a new tornado is summoned, the old one disappears after roughly 1 second. A space of at least 3×12 blocks is required for the tornado to be summoned. If no enemies come in contact with the tornado, it disappears after 15 seconds.
Set[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The sand tornado can be summoned even when afflicted with the Stoned debuff.
- The total bonuses are composed of the following:
- 15% magic and minion damage each from Mask.
- +80 maximum mana from Robes.
- +2 minion capacity from Treads.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- In terms of stats, this set is less powerful than Mythril armor with the mage headpiece, the Mythril Hood. Although, with correct use of the sand tornado and the extra minion slots one could get higher DPS than with Adamantite armor.
- Apart from the Stardust Plate and Leggings, Forbidden Treads are the only armor piece that provides a minion capacity bonus of 2. This makes it one of the most powerful leg slot items available before defeating the Moon Lord.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The set resembles the Egyptian god of death and funerals Anubis, who is known for being depicted as a man with a canine head associated with death.
- Dyeing the chest piece will change the color of the Forbidden Sign, even if a vanity chest piece is in use.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Adamantite/Titanium Bars needed for the Forbidden Mask and Treads fixed.
- Desktop 1.3.3: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]
- Depends on Activate Set Bonuses setting