|Desktop-Only Content: This information applies only to the Desktop version of Terraria.|
Forbidden Armor is a Hardmode armor set consisting of the Forbidden Mask, Forbidden Robes and the Forbidden Treads. Crafting the full set requires 3 Forbidden Fragments and 46 Titanium Bars or Adamantite Bars. It provides a total of 26 Defense.With the full set equipped, a golden spiky rune-like object, known as the Forbidden Sign, floats behind the player in a very similar fashion to the Stardust Guardian from the Stardust armor set. Double tapping Mining Helmet.
The storm summoned by the Forbidden Sign rapidly hits for 20 base damage, and is affected by both increases to magic and minion damage (effectively making the Forbidden Mask add +30% damage). Items that increase all damage types (like Celestial Shell or Avenger Emblem) will effectively contribute their value twice. The storm's critical strike chance is based entirely on the player's magic critical strike chance.
The dust particles can not pass through solid objects, which means that if there is a solid object between your character and the cursor, the beam will hit the solid object, stop there, and the Sand tornado will not be summoned. Only one sand tornado can be summoned at a time, and when a new tornado is summoned, the old one disappears after roughly 1 second. A space of at least 3x12 blocks is required for the tornado to be summoned. If no enemies come in contact with the tornado, it disappears after 15 seconds.
Forbidden armor is the Desert counterpart to the Snow biome's Frost armor, buffing magic and summon weapons instead of melee and ranged.
Set[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Sand tornado can be summoned even when afflicted with the Stoned debuff.
- In terms of stats, this set is less powerful than Hallowed Armor with their respective headpiece. Although, Ancient Storm might provide bigger DPS in some situations and it's still more powerful than Adamantite armor.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The set resembles the Egyptian god of death and funerals Anubis, who is known for being depicted as a man with a canine head associated with death.
- Dyeing the chest piece will change the color of the Forbidden Sign, even if a vanity chest piece is in use.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Adamantite/Titanium Bars needed for the Forbidden Mask and Treads fixed.
- Desktop 1.3.3: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]
- Depends on Activate Set Bonuses setting