Forests comprise the majority of the surface world and are typically where the player initially spawns. The general landscape of a forest includes lots of grass, plenty of trees, several lakes ranging in size from small to large, occasional hills that can reveal cave entrances, and often times contain a Living Wood Tree. Mushrooms, Sunflowers, Daybloom, Strange Plants, and several dye plants can be commonly found strewn throughout this biome. During the Halloween season, Pumpkins can commonly be found growing in this biome. There is a small chance for low tier ores to spawn on the surface in a forest. The various types of ores that can be found consist of copper or tin, lead or iron, and sometimes tungsten or silver.
The background of forests are randomly generated upon world creation. Regular Forests can be erased by the spread of Corruption, Crimson, and The Hallow. Converted forests can be restored to their pure form by using the Clentaminator with Green Solution or Thrown Powder.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Spawn Rates[edit | edit source]
- During the day:
- 100%/110% (Hardmode) spawning speed
- 5/6 (Hardmode) max spawns
- During the night:
- 166% spawning speed
- 6/7 (Hardmode) max spawns
- During a Blood Moon:
- 333% spawning speed
- 11/14 (Hardmode) max spawns
- Having town NPCs can lower spawn rates in this area. (Blood Moon is an exception however.)
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- One of the Forest’ s background variants features animated waterfalls. This is currently the only animated background in Terraria.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Multiple variations now exist. Trees and background can vary from instance to instance, even in the same world.
- Desktop 1.1: Now have own specific background.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.