Forests comprise the majority of the surface world, and are typically where the player initially spawns. The general landscape of a forest includes lots of grass, plenty of trees, several lakes ranging in size from small to large, occasional hills that can reveal cave entrances, and often times contain a Living Wood Tree. Mushrooms, Sunflowers, Daybloom, Strange Plants, and several dye plants can be commonly found strewn throughout this biome. During the Halloween season, Pumpkins can commonly be found growing in this biome. There is a small chance for low tier ores to spawn on the surface in a forest. The various types of ores that can be found consist of copper or tin, lead or iron, and sometimes tungsten or silver.
Contents[edit | edit source]
|Characters||Unique Drops||For Sale|
During the day:
During the night:
On the outer thirds of the world:
From Goblin Scout:
Spawn Rates[edit | edit source]
- During the day:
- 100%/110% (Hardmode) spawning speed
- 5/6 (Hardmode) max spawns
- During the night:
- 166% spawning speed
- 6/7 (Hardmode) max spawns
- During a Blood Moon:
- 333% spawning speed
- 11/14 (Hardmode) max spawns
- Having town NPCs can lower spawn rates in this area. (Blood Moon is an exception however.)
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2: Multiple variations now exist. Trees and background can vary from instance to instance, even in the same world.
- Desktop 1.1: Now have own specific background.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
| Biomes and Structures|
|Surface Layers||Forest • Desert • Ocean • Snow • Jungle • Mushroom • Evil Biome (The Corruption • The Crimson) • The Hallow • Space|
|Underground Layers||Underground • Cavern • Dungeon • Underground Snow • Underground Desert • Underground Jungle • Underground Mushroom • Underground Corruption • Underground Crimson • Underground Hallow • The Underworld|
|Mini-Biomes||Bee Hive • Granite Cave • Lihzahrd Temple • Marble Cave • Meteorite • Spider Nest|
|Structures and Other Biomes||Chasm • Enchanted Sword Shrine • Floating Island • Heart Shrine • Jungle Shrine/Jungle Sanctum • Living Tree (Living Mahogany Tree ) • Pyramid • Ruined House • Underground Cabin|