Fossil armor is a Pre-Hardmode armor set consisting of a Fossil Helmet, Fossil Plate, and Fossil Greaves. It has notably less defense than most other similarly-available armor sets, providing a total of 8 () / 13 ( ) defense.
On the Desktop version, it increases ranged critical strike chance by 3% per armor piece, and wearing the full set grants a 20% chance to not consume ammo, making Fossil armor great for using the Minishark as well as other early-game guns such as the Flintlock Pistol or The Undertaker, and also with bows.
On the Console version and Mobile version, Fossil armor instead greatly increases the velocity, damage, and critical strike chance of throwing weapons, and wearing the full set grants a 20% chance to not consume thrown items (not including bombs or dynamite), making Fossil armor great for using Bone Javelins, Bone Throwing Knives, and other throwing weapons.
Set[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the early access release of Terraria 1.3, the armor's set bonus was 75% chance to not consume thrown items. It was reduced to 50% before the public release.
- This is the only pre-hardmode armor, and the only armor on PC, in which the helmet sells for less than the rest of the set.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Fossil Helmet Defense decreased from 3 to 2.
- Fossil Plate Defense decreased from 6 to 4.
- Fossil Greaves Defense decreased from 4 to 2.
- Each piece of the set now gives a 3% Ranged critical chance.
- New Set bonus: 20% chance not to consume ammo.
- Now available earlier due to the change to Desert Fossil mining.
- Now needing 5 less Sturdy Fossils per piece.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Introduced.