Fossil armor is a Pre-Hardmode armor set consisting of a Fossil Helmet, Fossil Plate, and Fossil Greaves. It has a lower-class amount of defense, but increases ranged critical strike chance by 9%. In addition, wearing the full set grants a 20% chance to not consume ammo. This makes Fossil armor great for using the Minishark. The Fossil armor set is made using 75 Sturdy Fossils, which have a 10% chance to be dropped from the Extractinator when Desert Fossils are inserted.
Set[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In the early access release of Terraria 1.3, the armor's set bonus was 75% chance to not consume thrown items. It was reduced to 50% before the public release.
- This is the only pre-hardmode armor, and the only armor on PC, in which the helmet sells for less than the rest of the set.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Fossil Helmet Defense decreased from 3 to 2.
- Fossil Plate Defense decreased from 6 to 4.
- Fossil Greaves Defense decreased from 4 to 2.
- Each piece of the set now gives 3% Ranged critical chance.
- New Set bonus: 20% chance not to consume ammo.
- Now available earlier due to the change to Desert Fossil mining.
- Now needing 5 less Sturdy Fossils per piece.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11: Introduced.