|Set Bonus||50% chance to not consume thrown item|
Fossil armor is a Pre-Hardmode armor set consisting of a Fossil Helmet, Fossil Plate, and Fossil Greaves. It has a lower-class amount of defense, but increases thrown item velocity and damage significantly. In addition, wearing the full set grants a 50% chance to not consume thrown items (this does not include bombs and dynamite). This makes Fossil armor great for using Bone Javelins, Bone Throwing Knives, and other throwing weapons. The Fossil armor set is made using 75 Sturdy Fossils, which have a 10% chance to be dropped from the Extractinator when Desert Fossils are inserted.
- In the early access release of Terraria 1.3, the armor's set bonus was 75% chance to not consume thrown items. It was reduced to 50% before the public release.
- This is the only pre-hardmode armor, and the only armor on PC, in which the helmet sells for less than the rest of the set.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Introduced.