|Damage||46 / 53 Magic|
|Use time||19 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Shoots a stream of frost|
- Internal Item ID: 726
- Not to be confused with Staff of the Frost Hydra.
The Frost Staff is a Hardmode magic weapon that has a 2% drop chance from Icy Mermen, Ice Elementals and Ice Golems, all of which are found in the Snow Biome or Underground Snow biome. It shoots an ice sphere which travels in a straight line, pierces a single enemy, and disappears after striking a second.
If you reforge a Frost Staff to a decent modifier and equip good armor, it can become a deadly magic weapon. With its fast speed, doubled damage for every projectile shot, and fair knockback, it can deal even with large crowds of Fighter AI enemies (however not that effective against other players in PvP).
Its best Modifier is Mythical.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The frost staff functions somewhat similarly to a Gem Staff.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Damage increased from 43 to 46.
- Unknown: The projectile shot by the Frost Staff is no longer stacked; if an enemy had more health than a single projectile could hit, the other projectile would also hit the enemy, meaning that piercing would only apply if the enemy could be killed with a single projectile.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Damage decreased from 53 to 43.
- Mana usage increased from 10 to 14
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.