|Damage||46 / 53 Magic|
|Use time||20 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Shoots a stream of frost|
- Frost Bolt Staff
- Not to be confused with Staff of the Frost Hydra.
The Frost Staff is a Hardmode magic weapon that has a 2% drop chance from Icy Mermen, Ice Elementals and Ice Golems, all of which are found in the Snow biome or Underground Snow biome. The Frost Staff shoots a frost bolt which travels in a straight line, pierces a single enemy, and disappears after striking a second.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If obtained early in Hardmode, it can be fairly effective until better weapons are obtained. With its fast speed, average and fair knockback, it can deal with crowds of enemies.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Frost Staff functions somewhat similarly to a gem staff.
- It is shaped very similarly to the Imp Staff.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Damage increased from 43 to 46.
- Unknown: The projectile shot by the Frost Staff is no longer stacked; if an enemy had more health than a single projectile could hit, the other projectile would also hit the enemy, meaning that piercing would only apply if the enemy could be killed with a single projectile.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Damage decreased from 53 to 43.
- Mana usage increased from 10 to 14
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.