|Damage||46 / 53 Magic|
|Use time||20 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Shoots a stream of frost|
- Frost Bolt Staff
- Not to be confused with Staff of the Frost Hydra.
The Frost Staff is a Hardmode magic weapon that has a 2% drop chance from Icy Mermen, Ice Elementals and Ice Golems, all of which are found in the Snow Biome or Underground Snow biome. It shoots an ice sphere which travels in a straight line, pierces a single enemy, and disappears after striking a second.
Its best modifier is Mythical.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If obtained early in Hardmode, it can be quite deadly until better weapons are obtained. With its fast speed, average and fair knockback, it can deal with crowds of enemies.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Frost Staff functions somewhat similarly to a Gem Staff.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Damage increased from 43 to 46.
- Unknown: The projectile shot by the Frost Staff is no longer stacked; if an enemy had more health than a single projectile could hit, the other projectile would also hit the enemy, meaning that piercing would only apply if the enemy could be killed with a single projectile.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Damage decreased from 53 to 43.
- Mana usage increased from 10 to 14
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.