The Frost Armor is a Hardmode armor set that grants the ability to inflict Frostburn on enemies with melee or ranged attacks when the whole set is worn, as well as causing all ranged and melee attacks to give off light.
On the Desktop version, Console version, Old-gen console version, and Mobile version, the Ice Golem will drop a Frost Core, required to craft one piece of Frost armor. On the , Ice Golems will drop a random piece of Frost armor. Ice Golems spawn in the versionSnow biome during a Blizzard in Hardmode.
Visually, wearing the set causes a "snow trail" to be left behind the player as they walk, similar to running with Hermes Boots. Also, taking damage causes the shattering sound heard when breaking through thin ice.
Set[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Although not stated, the Magical Harp's projectiles as well as Javelins, Bone Javelins, Beenades, and the Star Cloak gain the effect of the set bonus.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Frost armor set can easily be farmed by creating a large one-sided trench with a roof over the top of it containing a one block wide hole. The Ice Golem will not be able to shoot the player because of its laser spawning off-center when being above it. Using Water Candles increases the spawn rate.
- The Frostburn debuff is particularly devastating when used against worm enemies because it affects each segment, thereby multiplying the damage dealt by the number of affected segments.
- Unfortunately, The Destroyer is immune to the debuff, thus limiting the effectiveness of this strategy.
- The debuff is also useful for most bosses as only three of them (The Destroyer, Duke Fishron and Mourning Wood) are immune.
- The Frostburn effect adds light to all melee and ranged attacks, including tools such as Pickaxes and Drills, and to ordinary ammunition, such as that used by the Endless Quiver and Endless Musket Pouch.
- This makes the armor set very useful for exploring caves.
- It is worth noting that selling the components of Frost armor results in more profit than selling the crafted set.
- For melee users, pairing this armor with Magma Stone/Fire Gauntlet and a Flask will inflict three different debuffs on a single hit, possibly more if the weapon itself inflicts another debuff. This proves particularly useful when used with the Shadowflame weapons.
- For ranged users, this armor has more defense than Hallowed Armor with their respective headpiece. It can be easily obtained during early hardmode, meaning that it is a very potent set of armor.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Prior to 1.3, if the Breastplate and Leggings were paired with a gold helmet, and all pieces were dyed with Blue Flame and Black dye, it would cause an afterimage and pulsing aura, akin to Hallowed armor. This was the armor Red used to wear before his specific set was added.
- The breastplate and leggings of Frost armor look strikingly similar to the breastplate and greaves of Molten armor.
- The sound effect when a player is struck while wearing Frost armor takes priority over other items that also alter the sound effect of a player being struck, such as the Moon Charm at night.
- Unlike other armors, the Frost Leggings increase melee attack speed instead of just melee speed, in terms of gameplay, they both mean the same.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.2: Sprites updated.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Now requires Titanium Bars/Adamantite Bars instead of Hallowed Bars to craft.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Frost Armor now correctly plays a special sound when hit.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Desktop 1.2.1: Graphics variant for female characters added.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: The Frost Breastplate now correctly gives bonus based off the tooltip.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.