|Use time||23 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Shoots an icy bolt|
- Frost Bolt
|End of projectile|
The Frostbrand is a Hardmode sword which fires an icy bolt projectile when swung, costing no ammunition or mana to do so. The icy bolt fires about every 1.5 seconds, emits light, deals the same damage as the sword, is not affected by gravity, and can hit up to two times via piercing. It can be considered an upgrade to the pre-Hardmode Ice Blade. It is capable of autoswing.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While the cooldown is active, the player can neither switch items, look in another direction, nor utilize Auto Select, but they can continue swinging the blade.
- A small particle effect and the mana recharge sound will notify the player of a recharged ice bolt.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Frostbrand is a rather powerful Hardmode sword, even when compared to the Excalibur: The former is far easier to obtain (since no Hardmode bosses have to be defeated) and has added ranged capabilities. It also can be more useful than the Beam Sword in some scenarios, because while the Beam Sword does slightly more damage, Frostbrand's projectile will pierce an enemy, hitting some bosses twice.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Frostbrand's projectile is similar to the one fired by the Frost Staff magic weapon, except that the staff costs mana, auto-fires rapidly, has slightly higher velocity, and does slightly less damage.
- The Frostband appears in Dungeon Defenders 2 as a weapon.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Can now autoswing.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.