|Use time||23 Fast|
|Tooltip||Shoots an icy bolt|
- Frost Bolt Sword
The Frostbrand is a Hardmode sword which can be considered a direct upgrade to the Ice Blade that also fires an "icy bolt" ball projectile when swung, which costs no ammunition or mana and does more damage. The projectile deals the same amount of damage as the sword itself, is not affected by gravity, and pierces through a single enemy, dissipating on its second hit. The projectile ability has a short cooldown of about 1.5 seconds. The Frostbrand drops from Ice Mimics in the Underground Snow biome.
The Frostbrand's projectile also emits a fair amount of light, with a bright burst of light on impact. It is capable of autoswing.
Its best modifier is Legendary.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While the cooldown is active, the player can neither switch items, look in another direction, nor utilize Auto Select, but they can continue swinging the blade.
- A small particle effect and the mana recharge sound will notify the player of a recharged ice bolt.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Frostbrand is a rather powerful Hardmode sword, even when compared to the Excalibur: The former is far easier to obtain (since no Hardmode bosses have to be defeated) and has added ranged capabilities. It also can be more useful than the Beam Sword in some scenarios, because while the Beam Sword does slightly more damage, Frostbrand's projectile will pierce an enemy, hitting some bosses twice.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Frostbrand's projectile is similar to the one fired by the Frost Staff magic weapon, except that the Staff costs mana, auto-fires rapidly, has slightly higher velocity, and does slightly less damage.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Can now autoswing.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.