|Damage||9 / 7 (Ranged)|
|Knockback||2.2 (Very weak)|
|Debuff tooltip||It's either really hot or really cold. Either way it REALLY hurts|
- Frostburn Arrow
Similar to Flaming Arrows, Frostburn Arrows have a
33.33*1/3 (33.33%) chance to drop as an item upon impact, allowing them to be recovered though only 1/3 of those that do drop as an item will remain Frostburn Arrows; the rest will revert to Wooden Arrows. This means that on average one out of nine fired Frostburn arrows may be recovered.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike Flaming Arrows, Frostburn Arrows do not extinguish when shot underwater.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Frostburn Arrows have decisive advantages over Wooden or Flaming Arrows, especially during the early game:
- They have extremely common crafting ingredients: 30 Frostburn Arrows require only 1 Wood of any kind, 1 Gel, 1 Ice Block, and 30 Wooden Arrows.
- Frostburn does slightly more damage than On Fire! and cannot be put out underwater and there are only 31 enemies which are immune to Frostburn, making these Arrows usable even until early Hardmode.
- The Frost Armor can replace them with the Endless Quiver, as the armor's set bonus imbues all ranged and melee attacks with this debuff.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Frostburn Arrows resemble Spectral Arrows, a type of arrow exclusive to the Old-gen console version and version.
- They are the only way to inflict the Frostburn debuff in pre-Hardmode.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Damage increased from 7 to 9.
- Crafting output increased from 5 to 10.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.