|Damage||9 / 7 Ranged|
|Knockback||2.2 (Very Weak)|
|Debuff tooltip||It's either really hot or really cold. Either way it REALLY hurts|
- Internal Item ID: 988
Similar to Flaming Arrows, Frostburn Arrows have a 1/3 chance to drop as an item upon impact, allowing them to be recovered. However, only 1/6 of those that do drop as an item will remain Frostburn Arrows; the rest will revert to Wooden Arrows.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike Flaming Arrows, Frostburn Arrows do not extinguish when shot underwater.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Frostburn Arrows have decisive advantages over Wooden or Flaming Arrows, especially during the early game:
- They have very common crafting ingredients: 30 Frostburn Arrows require only 1 Wood of any kind, 1 Gel, 1 Ice Block, and 30 Wooden Arrows.
- Frostburn does slightly more damage than On Fire! and cannot be put out underwater and there are only 23 creatures which are immune to Frostburn, making Frostburn Arrows viable even until early Hardmode.
- In the Mobile version, the Dungeon Guardian is not immune to Frostburn and will take full damage from it. Hence, if using a bow against the Dungeon Guardian, Frostburn Arrows prove highly effective.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Damage increased from 7 to 9.
- Crafting output increased from 5 to 10.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.