Wiki reading hard on the eyes? Try out our Dark Theme! Visit the preferences page while logged in and select Hydra Dark.
|Damage||9 / 7 (Ranged)|
|Knockback||2.2 (Very weak)|
|Debuff tooltip||It's either really hot or really cold. Either way it REALLY hurts|
- Frostburn Arrow
Similar to Flaming Arrows, Frostburn Arrows have a 1/3 chance to drop as an item upon impact, allowing them to be recovered. However, only 1/3 of those that do drop as an item will remain Frostburn Arrows; the rest will revert to Wooden Arrows.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike Flaming Arrows, Frostburn Arrows do not extinguish when shot underwater.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Frostburn Arrows have decisive advantages over Wooden or Flaming Arrows, especially during the early game:
- They have extremely common crafting ingredients: 30 Frostburn Arrows require only 1 Wood of any kind, 1 Gel, 1 Ice Block, and 30 Wooden Arrows.
- Frostburn does slightly more damage than On Fire! and cannot be put out underwater and there are only 28 creatures which are immune to Frostburn, making Frostburn Arrows usable even until early Hardmode.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Frostburn Arrows resemble Spectral Arrows, a type of arrow exclusive to the Old-gen console version and . version
- Frostburn Arrows are the only way to inflict Frostburn in pre-Hardmode.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Damage increased from 7 to 9.
- Crafting output increased from 5 to 10.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.