|Damage||9 / 7 Ranged|
|Knockback||2.2 (Very Weak)|
|Debuff tooltip||It's either really hot or really cold. Either way it REALLY hurts|
- Internal Item ID: 988
Frostburn Arrows are a type of ammunition similar to Flaming Arrows, but have a slightly higher base damage and cause the Frostburn debuff instead of the On Fire! debuff. It does slightly more damage than On Fire! and cannot be put out underwater, plus there are only 23 creatures which are immune to Frostburn, making this a great choice of ammo considering how cheap it is.
Like Flaming Arrows, Frostburn Arrows have a 1/3 chance to drop as an item upon impact, allowing them to be recovered. However, only 1/3 of those that do will remain Frostburn Arrows; the rest will revert to Wooden Arrows.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike Flaming arrows, Frostburn Arrows do not extinguish when shot underwater, allowing for a temporary light source.
- Frostburn Arrows are useful against early-game bosses due to their debuff and how easy they are to obtain. Together with a Gold Bow or Platinum Bow, they can be quite effective against the Eye of Cthulhu and Brain of Cthulhu.
- The Frost Armor will convert Wooden Arrows into Frostburn arrows, making it especially useful with the Endless Quiver.
- While the Frostburn Arrows pale in comparison to Hardmode arrows in terms of damage, the Frostburn debuff makes up for this, and thus they are still viable in early Hardmode, as long as you have the resources required to craft them.
- Being as the ingredients for ice torches are quite common and easy to obtain (1 wood, 1 gel, 1 ice block and 30 arrows gives 30 Frostburn arrows) it is recommended to use Frostburn arrows rather than Flaming Arrows or regular arrows.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Dungeon Guardian is not immune to Frostburn and will take full damage from it. This makes it a very good ammo to use when fighting it.
- With two players fighting the Dungeon Guardian, one player can fire Heart Arrows while the other fires Frostburn Arrows for an extremely easy and quick Dungeon Guardian kill.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Damage increased from 7 to 9.
- Crafting output increased from 5 to 10.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.