|Placeable||(3 wide × 2 high)|
|Use time||15 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Life regen is increased when near a campfire|
The Campfire is a placed furniture item that emits light and provides the Cozy Fire health regeneration buff to players in its vicinity. A Campfire can be turned off by pressing the ⚷ Open / Activate on the object or by sending it a wire signal, and can be toggled back on again the same way. It is also used to cook a Marshmallow on a Stick.
The Cozy Fire buff increases nearby players' current healing rate by 10%, and adds an additional constant 0.5 health-per-second. The buff is applied to any players standing within a rectangular area of 170×125 () / 100×84 ( ) tiles centered on the Campfire, similar to the Heart Lantern. The regeneration buffs from both items will stack together to provide a greater regeneration boost, and being within range of these items can also help to counteract the effects of damaging debuffs (such as Poisoned and On Fire!).
The Fireplace operates similarly and provides the same Cozy Fire buff, but cannot cook a Marshmallow on a Stick.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipes[edit | edit source]
Internal Item ID: 3724
Internal Item ID: 966( )
Internal Item ID: 966( )
Internal Item ID: 4690
Internal Item ID: 4691
Internal Item ID: 4692
Internal Item ID: 3046
Internal Item ID: 3047
Internal Item ID: 4689
Internal Item ID: 3048
Internal Item ID: 4693
Internal Item ID: 3049
Internal Item ID: 4694
Internal Item ID: 3050
Internal Item ID: 3723
Used to craft[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
|The animation of the Rainbow Campfire|
- A Campfire does not count as a light source for NPC housing.
- Within its range, the regeneration bonus is unaffected by distance or "obstructive" blocks and walls.
- NPCs are unaffected by the healing effect.
- A similar health regeneration boost can be achieved with Heart Lanterns.
- The Heart Lantern effect stacks with the Campfire effect. This gives a total of 1.5 HP/s plus a 1.1× base healing rate.
- Campfires are immediately destroyed if liquids are poured over them. The exceptions are the Cursed Campfire, Ichor Campfire, and Coral Campfire, which can be placed in water.
- Turning off the Campfire cancels the buff.
- The presence of the Moon Lord will turn Campfires black, but that will not cancel their buff.
- The Bone Campfire tooltip, displayed when the cursor is over it, will be that of the Shadowflame Bow.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- As with the Heart Lantern, it may be useful to have one in the hotbar in dangerous areas, so it can be placed easily for quicker regeneration.
- It is also useful to have one placed permanently in the base, along with a Heart Lantern.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- While a Campfire is in rain, it emits an extra amount of smoke as an aesthetic effect.
- Normal Campfires can sometimes be found in a Campsite along with some placed Silver or Gold Coins.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Added 6 new campfire varieties: Coral, Corrupt, Crimson, Desert, Hallowed, and Jungle.
- Area of effect increased.
- Normal Campfire sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.3.1: Added Bone and Ultrabright campfires.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168:
- Sprite updated.
- Wood requirement lowered from 20 to 10.
- Added 5 new campfire varieties: Cursed, Demon, Frozen, Ichor, and Rainbow.
- Campfires can now be turned off by right-clicking them.
- Turning off a campfire removes its regenerative buff.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Buff icon added.
- Desktop 1.2.1: You can no longer place Campfires in water.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.1372.5: Added Bone and Ultra Bright campfires.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.