- Internal Item ID: 395
Depth is displayed as follows:
- On the Desktop version and Console version of the game, depth is measured in feet, with one tile equaling two feet.
- On the Old-gen console version, depth is measured in meters, with two tiles equivalent one meter.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
total: 2 row(s)
Used in[edit | edit source]
total: 1 row(s)
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Unlike most accessories, Informational Accessories such as the GPS do not need to be equipped in an accessory slot. The GPS may be carried in the player's inventory, without loss of functionality. Keep in mind Modifiers will no longer apply to the player when not equipped, however.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Selling the GPS is more efficient than selling its separate parts (20 for the Gold Watch or 30 for the Platinum Watch, 20 for the Depth Meter, and 25 for the Compass).
- However, since you likely will need to craft the watch yourself, you should consider the cost of its components instead. In the worst case, if your world has platinum and you don't have spare bars, you'll need 40 Platinum Ore to craft the watch, which sells for 2 40 on its own, making a measly 15 of profit, which can even be negated if the two other accessories have particularly good Modifiers.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- GPS stands for "Global Positioning System", which in real life is used to track the user's location.
- The GPS was the first combined Informational Accessory, existing far before any of the other accessories used to craft the PDA.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206:
- Desktop 1.2: Can also now be crafted with a Platinum Watch instead of a Gold Watch.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Made changes from PS4’s 1.0.750.0 update. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: ()
- Sprite updated to match Desktop 220.127.116.11.
- Rarity decreased from Light Red to Orange.
- Now used to craft the PDA.
- Console 1.02: Can now be crafted with a Platinum Watch instead of a Gold Watch.
- Console-Release: Introduced.