|Knockback||1.5 (Extremely weak)|
|Use time||7 (Insanely fast)|
|Tooltip||50% chance to not consume ammo|
- Internal Item ID: 2270
The Gatligator is a Hardmode gun that fires as fast as the Megashark, and shares the 50% chance not to consume ammo. This weapon is very inaccurate, spreading bullets in random directions over a spread of about 30 degrees, making it very difficult to hit enemies from a far distance. It also fires at varying velocity. It is purchased from the Traveling Merchant for 35, while in Hardmode.
The Chain Gun operates similarly, and can be considered an upgrade.
Its best modifier is Unreal.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- If the reduced 50% ammo consumption of this weapon is combined with a ranged bonus of 20% reduced ammo usage (such as the Necro armor's, Shroomite armor's or Ammo Box's), or with a 25% reduced ammo usage (such as the Hallowed armor's or Adamantite armor's), the observed final bonus is multiplicative between the two, resulting in a 60% ammo reduction or 62.5% ammo reduction respectively (that means that a stack of 999 bullets will yield about 2498 and 2664 shots on average, respectively). In case it is used with the Titan armor , the resultant bonus will be 78% less ammo consumption (3842 shots on average).
- Using an Endless Musket Pouch renders the ammo usage reduction useless, which allows one to wear other sets of armor in favor of different bonuses.
- Using the Gatligator with Crystal or Exploding Bullets can be very useful against bosses such as The Destroyer, as the wide spread of bullets can hit long sections of The Destroyer's body.
- Using Chlorophyte Bullets can increase the accuracy greatly considering they are homing bullets.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Gatligator is a portmanteau of Gatling (Gatling gun) and gator (alligator). The gun's barrel and the chamber resemble an alligator's head.
- The Gatligator is yet another rapid-firing weapon that was named and designed using a portmanteau of a water creature, the others being the Minishark, Megashark and the S.D.M.G..
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.06: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.