|Knockback||1.5 (Extremely Weak)|
|Use time||7 Insanely Fast|
|Tooltip||50% chance to not consume ammo (33% on Old-gen console version) |
|Buy / Sell||35 / 7|
The Gatligator is a Hardmode gun that fires as fast as the Megashark, and shares the 50% chance not to consume ammo. This weapon is very inaccurate, spreading bullets in random directions over a spread of about 30 degrees, making it very difficult to hit enemies from a far distance. It also fires at varying velocity. It is purchased from the Traveling Merchant for 35 , while in Hardmode.
The Chain Gun operates similarly, and can be considered an upgrade.
Its best Modifier is Unreal.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using the Gatligator with Crystal or Exploding Bullets can be very useful against bosses such as The Destroyer, as the wide spread of bullets can hit long sections of The Destroyer's body.
- Using Chlorophyte Bullets can increase the accuracy greatly considering they are homing bullets.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- "Gatligator" is a portmanteau of "Gatling" (Gatling gun) and "'gator" (alligator). The gun's barrel and the chamber resemble an alligator's head.
- The Gatligator is yet another rapid-firing weapon that was named and designed using a portmanteau of a water creature, the others being the Minishark, Megashark and the Space Dolphin Machine Gun.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Due to technical issues on the mobile version, the Gatligator, as well as the Chain Gun and Clockwork Assault Rifle, fire in a straight line, making them some of the best ranged weapons in the game, and making them appear to fire faster.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.2.3: Introduced.
- Console 1.06: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.11212: Introduced.