Gel is a common crafting material dropped by most slimes and Slimed Zombies. Gel is vital due to it being an ingredient in Torches, and is used regularly from the beginning stages all the way through to endgame scenarios. It is also used as ammunition for the Flamethrower and the Elf Melter, and can therefore be stored in the player's inventory ammo slots.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
|Sticky Bomb||By Hand|
|Sticky Dirt Bomb|
|Sticky Glowstick (5)|
|Sticky Grenade (5)|
|Slime Crown ( )||Demon Altar|
|Slime Crown ( )|
|Lesser Healing Potion (2)||Placed Bottle|
Notes[edit | edit source]
|The different colors of gel.|
- Though the tooltip says 'tasty and flammable', gel cannot be eaten. The only edible item it is used in is a health potion.
- Gel will appear different colors in the player's inventory depending on what color gel was first looted in a particular stack by that player, i.e. appearing as green rather than its original blue.
- If two differently colored stacks of gel are combined, the new stack takes on the color of the stack put onto the other, no matter the stack size.
- The gel color will return to blue if you drop and pick it back up or exit a world and rejoin.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Gel can be produced by players using Slime Statues, Wire, a Timer, and Lava or Traps.
- While nearly worthless on its own, gel can be monetized much more effectively (about 5 per 1000) with a Solidifier and 1 piece of wood for each six gel, by making Slime Candelabras. See the Making Money guide for full details.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Interestingly, Black Slimes do not drop their own color of gel, unlike many other Slimes.
- The "tasty" part in its tooltip may be a reference to the fact that gelatin is often used in different foods.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Gel can now be different colors depending on the type of slime killed.
- Now used to craft Sticky Dynamite.
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit raised from 250 to 999.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.