Gel is a common crafting material dropped by most slimes and Slimed Zombies. Gel is vital due to it being an ingredient in Torches, and is used regularly from the beginning stages all the way through to endgame scenarios. It is also used as ammunition for the Flamethrower and the Elf Melter, and can therefore be stored in the players inventory ammo slots.
Mobile and Console Version[edit | edit source]
- Though the tooltip says 'tasty and flammable', gel cannot be eaten. The only edible item it is used to create is a health potion.
- Gel will appear different colors in the player's inventory depending on what color gel was first looted in a particular stack by that player, i.e. appearing as green rather than its original blue.
- If two differently colored stacks of gel are combined, the new stack takes on the color of the stack put onto the other, no matter the stack size.
- The gel color will return to blue, if you drop and pick it back up.
- The gel color will also return to blue if you exit a world and rejoin.
- The "tasty" part may be a reference to the indie game "World Of Goo", in which it's mentioned that the goo balls are delicious.
- It also may be a reference to "Tales of" series, where gels (known as gummies in Japanese versions) are often described as "tasty" and are used to heal HP, TP or both.