Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
- Internal Item ID: 23
Gel is a common crafting material dropped by most slimes and Slimed Zombies. Gel is vital due to it being an ingredient in Torches, and is used regularly from the beginning stages all the way through to endgame scenarios. It is also used as ammunition for the Flamethrower and the Elf Melter, and can therefore be stored in the players inventory ammo slots.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Though the tooltip says 'tasty and flammable', gel cannot be eaten. The only edible item it is used in is a health potion.
- Gel will appear different colors in the player's inventory depending on what color gel was first looted in a particular stack by that player, i.e. appearing as green rather than its original blue.
- If two differently colored stacks of gel are combined, the new stack takes on the color of the stack put onto the other, no matter the stack size.
- The gel color will return to blue if you drop and pick it back up or exit a world and rejoin.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Gel can be produced by players using Slime Statues, Wire, a Timer, and Lava or Traps.
- It can be farmed without a statue by spawning King Slime and using a weak, fast weapon such as the Minishark on it, resulting in massive amounts of Blue Slimes appearing, which drop gel.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Interestingly, Black Slimes do not drop their own color of gel, unlike many other Slimes.
- The "tasty" part in its tooltip may be a reference to the fact that Gelatin is often used in different foods.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: The color your gel is in your inventory is the color of the last slime you killed.
- Desktop 1.2: Stack limit raised from 250 to 999.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.