|Use time||45 (Very slow)|
|Tooltip||Summons Queen Slime|
The Gelatin Crystal is a consumable item used to summon the Queen Slime boss. It can be found on Pearlstone or Pink Ice Blocks in the Underground Hallow. Upon breaking it, it drops the item used to summon the Queen Slime. It can be used at any time of day, and any depth as long as the player is in the Hallow. Similar to farming Crystal Shards, Gelatin Crystals can be quickly farmed by placing rows of Pearlstone Blocks / Pink Ice Blocks in straight lines in the Underground Hallow.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Gelatin Crystal glows pink then changes to blue and back again in a cycle, which makes it stand out among similar-looking Crystal Shards.
- The Gelatin Crystal can only be used in The Hallow. Attempting to use it in any other biomes will have no effects, and will not consume the item.
The Gelatin Crystal will generate in worlds created prior to 18.104.22.168, so it is not necessary to create a new world to obtain it.
- Gelatin Crystals can be farmed by placing many crystal shards and breaking them.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unlike another naturally spawning boss summoning item (Plantera's Bulb), Gelatin Crystals do not require a minimum distance between each other to generate which can lead to two or more of them generating very close together.
- The Gelatin Crystal will be identified as a Crystal Shard by the Minimap, even though it is not.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Can no longer be used to summon multiple Queen Slimes if one is already alive.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.