Glowing Gemspark waterfalls.
Gemspark Blocks are blocks that glow. The color of the glow depends on the gem used to craft the block. They are also considered mechanisms, as their glow can be toggled by wiring them to a trigger. Gemspark Blocks are crafted from Gems and Glass at a Work Bench.
Gemspark Blocks will also color and add a glowing effect to Waterfalls. Although this is not the case for mobile. This requires hammering a Gemspark Block so that water flows over it. When the Gemspark Block is in its active state, the resulting waterfall will take on the color of the Gemspark block, and will glow for its entire length. Glowing waterfalls do not emit light onto other objects, but merely appear illuminated themselves. Gemspark Blocks will not change the color of Lavafalls or Honey.
- Gemspark Blocks do not count as valid light sources for NPC houses.
- When two (or more) Gemspark colored water of different color contact with each other, it will look like the colors are mixed up.
- Vertical waterfalls created by a water only supported by a half block dont change their color, even if this half block is a Gemspark.
- It is possible that these items were taken from a TConfig Mod by Yoraiz0r (one of Re-Logic's programmers, and former Modder) holo the everything along with several other items and mechanics.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Topaz Gemspark Blocks now emit yellow light rather than purple.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Updated Gemspark Tiles to make the inner border complete. Fixed bug where Gemspark Blocks wouldn't merge well after being actuated.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Gemspark Blocks now properly glow when dropped as items in the world.