|A player's ghost|
- Not to be confused with the Ghost Halloween enemy.
A Ghost is a character's representation upon Death while playing in Hardcore mode. Ghosts can continue to explore the world, fly limitlessly, and pass through blocks. They cannot be seen by other players and cannot be harmed, nor can they attack, or interact with the world in any way; though they can continue to chat with other players in Multiplayer.
When a player dies and becomes a ghost, all their items are dropped at the location of their death. If they log out, their character is permanently deleted. The .plr file can be restored from the system trashcan to the Players folder thus restoring your character to the pre-death state.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Being a ghost allows you to explore areas that would have otherwise been unreachable while your character was alive; however, traveling long distances will take a long time. Additionally, as ghosts emit no light, you will not be able to clearly see places that are not already lit.
- Ghosts are not shown on the Minimaps of living players.
- No matter what your character looked like when they were alive, they will always look the same as a ghost.
- Ghosts never trigger enemy spawning. For example, entering the Dungeon before defeating Skeletron as a ghost and traveling under 0 depth will not cause Dungeon Guardians to spawn.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Movement controls are now disabled while the player is typing.
- Desktop 1.0.6: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.