|Damage||45 / 90|
|Max Life||100 / 200|
|KB Resist||25% / 33|
|Debuff duration||30 - 90 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Decreased life regen, Causes status effects|
|Debuff duration||7 seconds / 14 seconds|
|Debuff tooltip||Movement is reversed|
|Internal NPC ID: 93|
The Giant Bat is a Hardmode bat enemy that spawns in the cavern layer. It can inflict the Confused debuff, causing the left and right game controls to reverse. It can also inflict the Feral Bite debuff in Expert Mode. They appear much bigger than a normal Cave Bat.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Once a world enters Hardmode, Giant Bats will almost entirely replace the once common Cave Bat.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- While fighting the Giant Bat it's recommended to use any melee weapons with a long reach. Using top tier spears can also be effective, killing the bat with two attacks, but it's very hard to aim. Using any ranged weapons is inadvisable due to Giant Bat's fast speed and irregular movement.
History[edit | edit source]
- Sprite updated.
- Has a chance to inflict Feral Bite debuff in Expert Mode.
- 18.104.22.168: Now has a chance to drop its respective banner.
- Health decreased from 160 to 100.
- Damage decreased from 70 to 45.
- Defense decreased from 20 to 16.
- Now has a chance to drop a Trifold Map.
- 1.1: Introduced.
| Bats |
|Cave • Jungle • Ice • Hellbat • Giant • Illuminant • Slimer Lava • Giant Flying Fox • Vampire • Pet|