This Friday at 1:00 P. M. PST there is going to be an Official Terraria Twitch Stream to go over the State of the Game Address for Terraria. There are also going to be giveaways of some awesome official and exclusive merchandise not available for sale.
|AI Type||Tortoise AI|
|Damage||80 / 160|
160 / 240 (spin attack)
|Max Life||470 / 940|
|KB Resist||70% / 73%|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Internal NPC ID: 153
- Damaging a Giant Tortoise causes them to stop their attack animation.
- When spinning, they take very little damage as their defense doubles while spinning.
- Melee is highly effective, as long as the player stays close to the Giant Tortoise and continues attacking, it will be unable to use its jump attack.
- Try not to make it enter liquid as it will make it automatically charge at the player.
- Any tactics that work for the Ice Tortoise should be effective against the Giant Tortoise as well.
- The Giant Tortoise is very difficult in Expert mode as its health and damage are doubled.
- It's recommended that the player defeats at least one mechanical boss, recommending The Destroyer (Skeletron Prime for Expert mode players), and gets Hallowed armor before farming for Turtle Shells.
- It should be noted that, due to the larger area of space for it to spawn in, Giant Tortoises can be farmed much easier on the surface with a Water Candle and Battle Potion than in the Underground Jungle.
- The pirate minion is highly effective against the Giant Tortoise.
- This enemy, as well as its Ice Tortoise variation, appears to reference Tatori, a similar tortoise enemy in Super Metroid that also attacks the player with the same flying spin.
- Despite being called the Giant Tortoise, it drops Turtle Shells.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated, old sprite was .
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.