Hello there! We are conducting a survey to better understand the user experience in making a first edit. If you have ever made an edit on Gamepedia, please fill out the survey. Thank you!
|Environment||Jungle – Underground Jungle|
|AI Type||Tortoise AI|
|Damage||80 / 160|
160 / 240 (spin attack)
|Max Life||470 / 940|
|KB Resist||70% / 73%|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Internal NPC ID: 153
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Damaging a Giant Tortoise causes them to stop their attack animation.
- When spinning, they take very little damage as their defense doubles while spinning.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Melee is highly effective, as long as the player stays close to the Giant Tortoise and continues attacking, it will be unable to use its jump attack.
- Try not to make it enter liquid as it will make it automatically charge at the player.
- Any tactics that work for the Ice Tortoise should be effective against the Giant Tortoise as well.
- The Giant Tortoise is very difficult in Expert mode as its health and damage are doubled.
- It's recommended that the player defeats at least one mechanical boss, recommending The Destroyer (Skeletron Prime for Expert mode players), and gets Hallowed armor before farming for Turtle Shells.
- It should be noted that, due to the larger area of space for it to spawn in, Giant Tortoises can be farmed much easier on the surface with a Water Candle and Battle Potion than in the Underground Jungle.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- This enemy, as well as its Ice Tortoise variation, appears to reference Tatori, a similar tortoise enemy in Super Metroid that also attacks the player with the same flying spin.
- Despite being called the Giant Tortoise, it drops Turtle Shells.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated, old sprite was .
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.