|Environment||Underground – Cavern|
|AI Type||Worm AI|
|Max Life||30 / 60 (330) (396)|
The Giant Worm is an Enemy that tunnels through blocks in the Underground and Cavern layers to attack the player. It makes a distinctive shuffling sound that grows louder and more rapid as it approaches the player, providing a crude indicator of its location and proximity. It also leaves a subtle particle effect in its trail.
Segments[edit | edit source]
The Giant Worm consists of 6-8 segments in total. Its head is more vulnerable to attacks than its body or tail, but also does more damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It does not spawn in Hardmode worlds, where it is completely replaced by Diggers.
- The Giant Worm's body and tail does the least damage of all current Enemies, but due to its large size, it can strike a player multiple times in a single pass.
- The Giant Worm does not take any damage from Lava.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Spears are the quickest way to deal with Giant Worms early in the game, or any other weapon that can deal multiple hits at a time.
- Using a Flaming Arrow against the Worm will set it on fire, making it easier to track.
- If you have a Slime Gun and hit the Worm, the worm can be tracked easily due to the slime effect left by the Debuff.
- Giant Worms can surprise new players due to being able to spawn even when the player is slightly above Underground.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.5: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Now has a chance to drop the Worm Banner.
- Desktop 1.1:
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.