Gamepedia was upgraded to MediaWiki version 1.31 on Wednesday November 14th. To learn more about the upgrade and its effects click here.
|Use time||16 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Breathe water instead of air|
|Buff duration||2 minutes|
|Buff tooltip||Breathe water instead of air|
The Gills Potion is a buff potion which grants the Gills buff when consumed. The buff allows the player to breathe underwater, preventing them from drowning. This lasts for 2 minutes, but can be cancelled at any time by right-clicking the icon, by selecting the icon and canceling it in the equipment menu/gui, by reloading the world, or by cancelling the buff from the buffs screen.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Gills Potion will allow the player to survive while wearing a Fish Bowl.
- The player cannot drown in lava, thus negating this potion's usefulness for that purpose.
- It has the same crafting recipe as the Sonar Potion.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- For swimming in lava, the player should use Obsidian Skin Potions instead of Gills Potions.
- Despite the fact the tooltip states that you "breathe water instead of air", the user cannot suffocate on land.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Gills potions no longer cause you to suffocate on land
- Desktop 1.0.6: Duration increased from 1 to 2 minutes.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.