Gladiator armor is an armor set consisting of the Gladiator Helmet, Gladiator Breastplate, and Gladiator Leggings. Each piece is dropped by Hoplites, which spawn in Marble Caves, with a
14.29*1/7 (14.29%) / 5*1/20 (5%) chance to drop per piece.
Set[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The decently high drop chance, useful set bonus, and defense on par with Gold armor could make this set a good alternative to Gold/ Platinum armor in Pre-Hardmode. Hoplites deal high damage, but can also be stunlocked relatively easily, and in addition to the armor they can drop Javelins.
- The Gladiator armor can be particularly useful for melee players due to its high defense and complete immunity to knockback.
- Due to the danger of Hoplites and the low drop chance of its pieces, this armor set is unlikely to be better than other armor available to the player by the time they have obtained it. However, it can still be valuable as vanity armor.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Despite being named after the people who fought in the Colosseum in ancient Rome, the Gladiator armor visually resembles the armor of hoplites (a type of soldier in ancient Greece) whom the enemies that drop it are named after as well.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Increased all parts' defense by 2, from 3/4/3 to 5/6/5.
- Now grants immunity to knockback as a set bonus.
- Desktop 126.96.36.199:
- Increased the helmet's defense from 2 to 3 and decreased its sell value from 40 to 35.
- Increased the breastplate's defense from 3 to 4 and decreased its sell value from 32 to 28.
- Increased the leggings' defense from 2 to 3 and decreased its sell value from 24 to 21.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 184.108.40.206: Introduced.