As if living underground wasn't bad enough, jerks like you come in while I'm sleeping and steal my children.
— The Truffle
Growing Glowing Mushrooms
- Not to be confused with the special trail from using the Mushroom Spear or the Hammush, which damages enemies until it dissipates.
Glowing Mushrooms can be found growing on Mushroom Grass. Harvesting these mushrooms has a chance of dropping a Glowing Mushroom and may also yield Mushroom Grass Seeds. They emit their own light, making them quite easy to find. Sometimes it can be generated underwater. If the conditions are right, Giant Glowing Mushrooms will spawn amongst the small ones. These can be harvested with an axe to yield several Glowing Mushrooms and Mushroom Grass Seeds.
- Glowing mushrooms can grow on actuated mushroom grass. They will instantly be harvested.
- Glowing mushrooms are the Mushroom Biome variant of wood. They are dropped from Giant Glowing Mushrooms when harvested, may be placed as a block without crafting them into a block beforehand, and can be crafted into furniture.
- Unharvested ("living") glowing mushrooms act the same as mushroom grass when counting towards whether a mushroom biome is established, but glowing mushrooms placed as blocks do not count, nor do mushroom walls or mushroom furniture.
- Desktop 1.2.4:
- New crafting recipes for furniture added.
- Growing sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2:
- Can now grow above sea level.
- Stack limit was raised from 99 to 999.
- Now placeable as a block.
- No longer used as a consumable Health Recovery item.
- Used to craft Mushroom Workbench, Chair, Door and Wall.
- Desktop 1.0.5:
- Harvesting Glowing Mushrooms yields an item only some of the time.
- Mushroom Grass grows slower than before.