The Glowstick is a light source that can be held or be tossed a fair distance, and works underwater, but cannot be placed on a wall or floor like the Torch can (though the Sticky Glowstick will stick to surfaces they are thrown against). Glowsticks will emit light for a lengthy period of time after being thrown, and have a
33.33*1/3 (33.33%) chance to be recoverable after 5 minutes. Glowsticks can be purchased from the Merchant for 10*10 each during the Night or from the Skeleton Merchant for 10*10 during the day, if there was no full Moon. Glowsticks are also dropped by all Jellyfish, and can be found commonly in Pots and Chests.
- Glowsticks are thrown by being used (that is, left clicking when the glowstick is selected). They are not thrown by pressing the T key; trying to do that will drop the entire stack, and the stack will only travel a few tiles away from the player.
- After being thrown, Glowsticks will disappear if you exit the world.
- The Glowstick can be used as a moving light source while mining directly downward, as it will continue to drop along with the player when the blocks underneath it are mined away.
- Glowsticks, unlike torches, can be thrown to light an area from a distance.
- Just like boomerangs, a Glowstick can pass through a 1 block thick wall if thrown at the right angle.
- Since they work underwater, they can be a good, cheap substitute to torches.
- Desktop 1.0.6:
- Buy and sell prices reduced from
20*20 / 4*4 to 10*10 / 2*2.
- Brightness increased.