|Master Mode-Only Content: This information applies only to Master Mode and Master Mode worlds.|
|Use time||20 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Summons a rideable death goat mount|
|Buff tooltip||This ride is totally metal!|
The Goat Skull is a Hardmode mount-summon item dropped by the Wall of Flesh in Master Mode with a
25*1/4 (25%) chance to drop. When used, it summons a ridable Goat Mount. This allows the mounted player to perform a double jump much like the Cloud in a Bottle and can be used to prevent fall damage if timed correctly.
Once a high speed is reached, the Goat leaves a fire trail behind, and from that point on, it will be able to damage enemies on contact. The invulnerability is granted for 1/10th of a second when the player and the Goat dash through an enemy, much like the brief invulnerability after taking damage.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- The Goat cannot swim. It does not prevent damage from lava.
- The top running speed of the Goat is 61 mph, reachable in 3.556 seconds. At top speed, it is nearly twice as fast as a player wearing Lightning Boots and is equivalent to the Wisp in a Bottle's top speed. However, the Goat Mount can reach up to 80 mph when falling down after having reached max speed.
- When surpassing 51 mph, the Goat will start dealing damage to enemies and critters it runs into, similarly to the Unicorn Mount and the horse mounts. It will deal 60 base summon damage and inflict a knockback of 10 (Extremely strong).
- The Goat does not benefit from the effect of Asphalt Blocks, making players with Lightning Boots travel slightly faster on these blocks (64 mph with boots and 61 mph on a Goat). The Goat also does not benefit from Swiftness Potions.
- While riding the Goat, the player will be damaged by one-block-deep lava, but not given benefits or slowed down by one-block-deep honey.
- While the player is mounted on the Goat, they will only take 20% fall damage, though they will not take fall damage if they have any accessories that negate fall damage equipped, such as the Lucky Horseshoe or a set of wings, regardless of the height the player fell while on the Goat.
- The Goat makes the player five tiles in height, unlike most other mounts, which only raise the height to four tiles.
- All items providing an extra jump, like the Cloud in a Bottle, will stack with the mount, allowing a triple jump. If a Bundle of Balloons is equipped, it is possible to jump 5 times before hitting the ground.
- Further adding the Fart in a Jar or upgrades and Tsunami in a Bottle or upgrades allows the player to jump 7 times before hitting the ground.
- When using the double jump, the player has a green and yellow sparkling effect in the mount's trail. The color of the particles created by double jumping, as well as charging, are affected by dyes.
- If the Goat is mounted during the dash of the Shield of Cthulhu, both the damage from the dash of the Shield and the Goat's charge will be dealt to the enemy.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Goat, Unicorn and Basilisk Mount's charge abilities operate the same way Sprinting accessories do in terms of momentum. This means that mounting while sprinting, dashing with the Shield of Cthulhu or Tabi, or moving quickly through the use of a canceled grapple will immediately cause the Goat to begin charging, even if the distance covered would normally not be enough to trigger it.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Using any auto-firing weapon such as the Terra Blade, yoyos, or a Minishark, and firing it in the opposite direction the player is walking in will cause the Goat to walk "backwards".
- On flat ground, the Goat travels at the same speed as an unmodified Terra Blade beam.
- The Goat is functionally identical to the Unicorn Mount, however mounting and dismounting will not provide any light.
- This item is a reference to the Icon of Sin, the final boss of the first-person shooter Doom II. The boss takes the form of a large bio-mechanical goat head on a wall, similar to the Wall of Flesh itself.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168.0: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]