|AI Type||Fighter AI|
2244?? (ranged attack)
|Banner||Goblin Archer Banner|
|Coins||2Pre-Hardmode: 5Hardmode: 4Post-Plantera: 8|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Spiky Ball (1-5)49.75%
- Internal NPC ID: 111
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It is recommended to make this enemy a priority when dealing with an invasion. The Goblin Archer can attack from range and its attacks cannot be shot or struck down, making it a nuisance to players with low defense.
- Unlike the Goblin Sorcerer, however, its arrows will not pass through blocks, allowing players to simply take cover when it shoots. It is also very useful to dig a three block tall tunnel and stay cornered at the end so that its arrows cannot hit the player.
- Its arrows are unaffected by banners, making them one of the more dangerous enemies that spawn in a Goblin Invasion.
- Goblin Archers seem to shoot arrows on a timer. This is especially apparent when playing with multiple players, as more will spawn, and sometimes a huge flood of arrows will fly from the horde of Archers. Grenades are recommended for this situation.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The debuff Confused causes Goblin Archers to become very unstable, sometimes running faster than the Goblin Thief, and flipping between left and right in place.
- Even with Blood and Gore turned off, its bow will still drop when it dies, just like a body part.
- Goblin Archer and the Goblin Scout are the only goblin enemies with blue skin, with the former being the only event one to be blue.
- The Bestiary entry for the Goblin Archer: "Lending ranged support to the Goblin Army, archers keep a distance and pick off distracted and overwhelmed foes."
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.1: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.