|AI Type||Fighter AI|
|Damage||80 / 160|
|Max Life||2000 / 3400|
|KB Resist||85% / 87%|
|Immune to||All debuffs|
- Internal NPC ID: 471
The Goblin Summoner is an enemy that can spawn when a Goblin Invasion occurs during Hardmode. It summons Shadowflame Apparations to attack the player. It has a chance to drop weapons which are themed after Shadowflame, all of which accordingly inflict the Shadowflame debuff.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In order to summon Shadowflame Apparations, it seems to need to be close to the player to do this. Otherwise, it will fire Chaos Balls at the player.
- It will try to close in on the player by jumping and dashing towards the player, also dealing contact damage. It can travel through blocks while it dashes.
- It can jump/fly fairly high into the air (almost as high as a player with wings), but can be avoided by standing on a somewhat high platform and attacking it with ranged weapons.
- Knockback can stop the Goblin Summoner from flying to the player, which can be used with the aforementioned tactic to constantly attack the summoner without it being able to get close.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It can be easily defeated with a ranged weapon (a rapid-fire ranged weapon may be recommended, as they have enough knockback to freeze it in place), a long platform suspended in the air, and Hermes Boots (or a Unicorn Mount/Minecart Track). Simply run away from the summoner continuously – if it is constantly moving it will not summon the Shadowflame Apparations.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Although the Goblin Summoner drops various Shadowflame weapons, it will never use any of them in battle. Even the Shadowflame Hex Doll, which is clearly part of their sprite, is never used.
- Despite being named "Goblin Summoner", they do not drop any summoning weapons, though this name likely references their ability to summon Shadowflame Apparations.
- The Goblin Summoner is the only Hardmode-exclusive Goblin.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()