|AI Type||Fighter AI|
|Banner||Goblin Summoner Banner|
|Immune to||All debuffs|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Internal NPC ID: 471
“Gifted in the darkest of magics, she summons unfathomable shadowflame ghasts through a powerful hex.
— The Bestiary
- Not to be confused with the Goblin Sorcerer, a much weaker enemy that also spawns during the Goblin Invasion.
The Goblin Summoner is an enemy that can spawn when a Goblin Invasion occurs during Hardmode. She summons Shadowflame Apparitions to attack the player. She has a chance to drop weapons which are themed after Shadowflame, all of which accordingly inflict the Shadowflame debuff.
Because of her high stats and relatively high difficulty compared to other goblins, she will present a challenge for new players.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- In order to summon Shadowflame Apparitions, she seems to need to be close to the player. Otherwise, she will fire Chaos Balls at the player.
- She will try to close in on the player by jumping and dashing towards the player, also dealing contact damage. She can travel through blocks while it dashes.
- She can jump/fly fairly high into the air (almost as high as a player with wings), but can be avoided by standing on a somewhat high platform and attacking her with ranged weapons.
- Knockback can stop the Goblin Summoner from flying to the player, which can be used with the aforementioned tactic to constantly attack the summoner without her being able to get close.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- She can be easily defeated with a ranged weapon (a rapid-fire ranged weapon may be recommended, as they have enough knockback to freeze her in place), a long platform suspended in the air, and Hermes Boots (or a Unicorn Mount/Minecart Track). Simply run away from the summoner continuously – if she is constantly moving she will not summon the Shadowflame Apparitions.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Although the Goblin Summoner drops various Shadowflame weapons, she will never use any of them in battle. Even the Shadowflame Hex Doll, which is clearly part of her sprite, is never used.
- Despite being named "Goblin Summoner", she does not drop any summoning weapons, though this name likely references her ability to summon Shadowflame Apparitions.
- The Goblin Summoner is the only Hardmode-exclusive Goblin.
- If you slow down the death sound of the Goblin Summoner, then you will be left with an audio that sounds like she screams "Help Me!".
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Introduced.