YES, gold is stronger than iron. What are they teaching these humans nowadays?
|Dimensions||1 wide ˣ 1 high|
|Use time||14 (Very Fast)|
|Internal Item ID: 19|
|Internal Tile ID: 239 (1)|
Gold Bars are the last of the early game metal bars, used mainly to create the Gold tier of equipment. Its alternate ore version is the Platinum Bar. It can also be placed on the ground, like furniture.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
All versions[edit | edit source]
Desktop version and Console version only[edit | edit source]
Console version only[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Selling the ore rather than the bar yields 4 more per gold bar.
- It's smart to keep digging for gold even after you have every golden item, since you will still need it for items such as Slime Crowns and 1 Second Timers.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In real life, gold is a very soft and malleable metal that would be very unsuitable for making tools or armor. This is parodied by the Goblin Tinkerer: "YES, gold is stronger than iron. What are they teaching these humans nowadays?"
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2: Now placable.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.
| Gold |
|Ore • Bar • Brick • Brick Wall • Coin • Dust • Carp • Crate • Chair Table • Bed • Dresser • Sofa • Throne • Chest ( Golden) Bookcase • Clock • Piano • Door • Toilet • Bathtub • Chandelier ( Golden) • Candelabra ( Golden) • Candle ( Golden) • Lamp • Lantern • Sink Pickaxe • Axe • Hammer • Fishing Rod • Shortsword • Broadsword Bow • Ruby Staff • Armor • Crown • Watch • Flask • Bullet • Key • • • • • •|