Gold Ore is an early game ore which spawns in the Underground and Cavern biomes, as well as on Floating Islands. Its primary use is to make Gold Bars, which can be used to make the Gold tier of equipment, as well as crowns, Thrones, and several other items. The equivalent of Gold Ore is Platinum Ore, which will sometimes replace Gold in a world. Gold Ore has a small chance to appear as a bonus drop from Slimes.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Selling the ore rather than the bar yields 4 more per gold bar.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- In real life, gold is one of the softest metals, but in Terraria (as lampshaded by the Goblin Tinkerer) it is harder than such heavy-duty metals as iron or steel.
- Even though gold and platinum ore (and bars) are of nearly equal sell value, 1 platinum coin is worth 100 gold coins. This is likely because platinum ore and bars were added after platinum coins, and also is a reflection to the real-world metals (in this case, platinum would be the higher rank).
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Placed gold has a new texture.
- Desktop 1.2.3: Increased stack limit from 99 to 999.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Now has a sparkle effect.
- Desktop-Release: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.