The Gold Watch is a high-tier watch. The Platinum Watch is an alternative to it. When equipped in an accessory slot or simply held in the inventory, a clock will appear in the upper-right corner of the playing screen, revealing the in-game time accurate to the last minute. A minute of Terraria game time is equivalent to a second of real-world time. It is required for crafting the Cell Phone, GPS, and 1 Second Timer.
The Gold Watch is uncraftable, effectively making it unobtainable. It has however not been removed.
- It won't show the time when the inventory is open or when it is equipped in a Vanity slot.
- It must be equipped to work in the Console version. It will not display the time if it is in your inventory.
- 184.108.40.206: Now works while in inventory and time is displayed differently, on the right side instead of the left.
- 1.2.4: Fixed bug where watches show 2 colons (':') when displaying time.
- Unknown Mobile Version: Made unobtainable, but not removed.