Golden Bug Net
|Use time||18 (Very fast)|
|Tooltip||Used to catch critters|
Can catch lava critters too!
- Internal Item ID: 3183
The Golden Bug Net is an upgraded version of the Bug Net and Lavaproof Bug Net. It functions similarly, being a swung tool that captures critters, but is larger, faster, and can destroy any tiles that weapons can destroy (like tall grass and vines), and also allows the player to catch Underworld critters and Fairies. It still deals no damage. The Golden Bug Net has a 1.25% or 1/80 chance to be rewarded for completed Fishing Quests from the Angler.
The Golden Bug Net makes acquiring bait easier, as some bait critters have a chance to spawn from destroying grass, which can then be caught without the need to switch items.
The Golden Bug Net cannot be reforged, and therefore cannot have modifiers.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Using a Flare Gun and Flower Boots, shooting the ground under the player while auto-swinging a Bug Net renders the Golden Bug Net unnecessary prior to 1.4, but from then on the plants that the flower boots spawn no longer spawn critters.
- It can be used for an improved chance at catching a Truffle Worm due to its faster swing speed giving the worm less time to escape.
- Although the Golden Bug Net can be used to catch Fairies on Desktop, this only works with fairies that spawn on the surface, either near a Fallen Log or by shaking Trees in the The Hallow. You cannot use the Golden Bug Net to catch the kind of fairy that appear underground to lead you to treasure.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 126.96.36.199: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 188.8.131.52: Introduced.