Golden Bug Net
The Golden Bug Net is an upgraded version of the Bug Net. It functions similarly, being a swung tool that captures critters, but is larger, faster, and can destroy any tiles that weapons can destroy (like tall grass and vines). It still deals no damage. The Golden Bug Net has a 1.25% chance to be rewarded for completed Fishing Quests from the Angler.
The Golden Bug Net makes acquiring bait easier, as some bait critters have a chance to spawn from destroying grass, which can then be caught without the need to switch items.
The Golden Bug Net cannot be reforged, and therefore cannot have modifiers.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- When used in conjunction with the Flower Boots, quick bait-farming can be accomplished, due to the boots creating flowers and grass underneath the player, and the Golden Bug Net destroying the grass and capturing any bait within at the same time.
- Using a Flare Gun and Flower Boots, shooting the ground under the player while auto-swinging a Bug Net renders the Golden Bug Net unnecessary, as the rate which plants are broken with the Flare is far faster than the Golden Bug Net alone.
- It can be used for an improved chance at catching a Truffle Worm due to its faster swing speed giving the worm less time to escape.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Introduced.