|Tooltip||Opens one locked Gold Chest or Lock Box |
Opens one Gold Chest
- Internal Item ID: 327
Golden Keys are required to unlock the locked Gold Chests found in the Dungeon, and Golden Lock Boxes obtained by fishing in the Dungeon. A Golden Key is consumed upon use, so unlocking each Gold Chest will require an additional Key.
Golden Keys can be acquired by:
- Finding one in an unlocked normal Chest in the Dungeon.
- Killing a Dungeon Slime (100% chance).
- Killing any other Dungeon enemy (1/65 chance).
- Breaking a Pot in the Dungeon (1/40 chance).
Notes[edit | edit source]
- On the Mobile version, to open a Gold Chest, the player must have a Golden Key in the inventory, and tap on a locked Gold Chest.
- It is possible to obtain a Golden Key before defeating Skeletron when a chest spawns in the Dungeon entrance.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite and tooltip updated. Old sprite was .
- Desktop 1.1: Increased chance of getting Golden Keys from Dungeon enemies (1/75 to 1/65) and from Pots (1/45 to 1/40).
- Desktop 1.0.6: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.