Join The Fan Lab, a private Fandom research community for users in the US and UK where you will be asked to share your opinions on all things gaming and entertainment! Click here to see if you qualify
|Tooltip||Opens one locked Gold Chest or Lock Box |
Opens one Gold Chest
- Internal Item ID: 327
Golden Keys are required to unlock the locked Gold Chests found in the Dungeon, and Golden Lock Boxes obtained by fishing in the Dungeon. A Golden Key is consumed upon use, so unlocking each Gold Chest will require an additional Key.
Golden Keys can be acquired by:
- Finding one in an unlocked normal Chest in the Dungeon.
- Killing a Dungeon Slime (100% chance).
- Killing any other Dungeon enemy (1/65 chance).
- Breaking a Pot in the Dungeon (1/40 chance).
Notes[edit | edit source]
- On the Mobile version, to open a Gold Chest, the player must have a Golden Key in the inventory, and tap on a locked Gold Chest.
- It is possible to obtain a Golden Key before defeating Skeletron when a chest spawns in the Dungeon entrance.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.1: Sprite and tooltip updated. Old sprite was .
- Desktop 1.1: Increased chance of getting Golden Keys from Dungeon enemies (1/75 to 1/65) and from Pots (1/45 to 1/40).
- Desktop 1.0.6: Introduced.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.