We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|Environment||Water – Rain|
|KB Resist|| 50% (swimming)|
|Internal NPC ID: 55, 230|
|Type||Potion – Crafting material|
|Tooltip||'It's smiling, might be a good snack'|
|Sell|| 7 50 |
|Internal Item ID: 261|
During a Blood Moon, or when hit with Vile Powder or Vicious Powder, Goldfish turn into Corrupt Goldfish or Crimtane Goldfish, which have much more health and do attack players. These can be very dangerous for players with low-tier armor and weapons.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Mobile and Console Version[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- It is NOT possible to kill Goldfish by forcing them out of water. They will simply flop around on the ground continuously.
- Walking Goldfish will not stop walking when the rain ends, unless they re-enter water.
- Vile Powder does not work on Goldfish that are walking around during Rain.
- Goldfish swim backwards and forwards, reversing direction every time they hit a block. If the block they hit, however, is upwardly sloped, they will swim up it, and if the slope continues out of the water, they will swim up and out of the water, at which point they will begin flailing about, unless it's raining.
- Goldfish spawned via a Statue will not count towards to the Statue spawn limit during Rain, for it turns into a walking Goldfish rather than the standard Goldfish.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- On the Desktop version 100 Goldfish can be sold for 7 Gold, 50 Silver. On the console or mobile versions, they do not have any value, and must be crafted into Fish Bowls first.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- While not directly utilizing the trademarked phrase, the Goldfish's tooltip is a reference to the snack food Goldfish ("the snack that smiles back").
- Goldfish could previously be killed and then used as a weak recovery potion (restoring 20 health), which the tooltip is a remnant of.
- Goldfish have black eyes, but when killed have red eyes.
- The way Goldfish walk on land during rain may be a reference to how fish walk on land in several Dr. Seuss books.
History[edit | edit source]
- 1.3.1: Can now be used to craft Fish Statues.
- 22.214.171.124: Goldfish now sell for 7 50
- Stack limit was raised from 99 to 999.
- Goldfish only sell for "No value" now, instead of 1
- No longer dropped by kill, but only by use of Bug Net.
- Now releasable rather than edible.
- No longer generate coins when spawned from statues.
- They now walk during the rain.
- Sell price reduced from 2 to 1 .
- 1.1: May now be harmed by players.
- 1.0.6: Eating a Goldfish will now trigger the Potion Sickness debuff.
- 1.0.4: Introduced.