|AI Type||Golem Body AI|
|Max Life||39000 / 58500 (total)|
16000 / 24000 (head)
9000 / 13500 (body)
7000 / 10500 (each fist)
|Debuff tooltip||Slowly losing life|
|Duration||5-7 seconds (Fireballs) / 10-14 seconds (Fireballs)|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- + (60-99)
- Internal Buff ID: 24
"The stone-faced ritualistic idol of the lihzahrd tribe..."
- This article is about the post-Plantera boss. For the enemy in Granite Caves, see Granite Golem. For the rare miniboss from the Snow biome, see Ice Golem.
While Golem is alive, music Boss 5 will play.
Summoning[edit | edit source]
Golem is summoned by using the ⚷ Open / Activate key on the Lihzahrd Altar, located in the final Jungle Temple chamber, while at least one Lihzahrd Power Cell is in the player's inventory. One Lihzahrd Power Cell is contained within each of the Jungle Temple's Lihzahrd Chests, and can be dropped rarely by Lihzahrds or Flying Snakes (2% chance). Golem spawns directly above the Altar. Plantera must have already been defeated at least once in the current world in order for Golem to spawn successfully. Otherwise, nothing will happen and the power cell is not consumed.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Golem's main body cannot move through blocks. The lasers it shoots, the fists, and the invincible head during second phase pass through blocks.
First form[edit | edit source]
Golem shoots ricocheting fireballs, attacks with its fists that extend from chains, and jumps around. These increase in frequency as each part takes more damage. Golem's fists can travel through blocks, but have limited range, and will also retract immediately upon being hit with any weapon. Golem jumps around more often when a fist is destroyed. This compounds when both fists are destroyed.
When the head falls below half health (8000 / 12000), all previous attacks continue, but the eyes will begin to fire eye lasers that can travel through blocks. It fires more rapidly as it takes more damage, and the fists do not retract when hit with a weapon. Golem's head turns, which indicates who it is targeting.
Second form[edit | edit source]
When Golem's stone head has taken full damage, it detaches itself and becomes invincible, capable of passing through blocks. Its body (9000 / 13500 health) then becomes the target. If the fists have not been destroyed, they will continue to attack the player more rapidly while the body continues to jump around. The head follows same attack pattern as before and will increase in frequency when the body is damaged. The only way to defeat Golem at this point is to completely destroy his body, which will also destroy his head, ending the fight.
Parts[edit | edit source]
First form[edit | edit source]
Second form[edit | edit source]
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
Once Golem is defeated:
- Cultists spawn at the Dungeon's entrance, which can be used to summon the Lunatic Cultist and then the Lunar Events (as long as certain other conditions are also met – see details).
- For this to happen, Skeletron must have been defeated at least once.
- Martian Probes begin spawning randomly, which can trigger the Martian Madness event.
- Summoning the Old One's Army after Golem has been defeated triggers the most difficult "Tier 3" version of the event.
- The Steampunker will begin to sell the Steampunk Wings.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like most bosses, Golem will despawn if the player travels too far away, including traveling back through the Lihzahrd Temple.
- Golem's map icon maps its head, not its core, so when the head flies off, the map icon follows it.
- Golem's fist attack will only fire at the player when they are in the middle or to the same side as the fist. A fist will not cross Golem to strike a player, even if the other fist has been destroyed. However, if the player is above or below Golem using Wings, grappling hooks, Platforms, etc., both arms will fire at the player.
- If the head chases a player too far away, the body despawns and the head will explode. In this case, no drops will be obtained and Golem does not count as defeated.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- In some cases, the terrain surrounding the altar will cause Golem to get stuck when it spawns. It can attack with its fists and projectiles but will be unable to jump around. Players can also recreate this condition by placing blocks near the altar.
- It is possible to actuate Lihzahrd Bricks. By actuating the blocks below the Lihzahrd Altar, it can be picked up and placed in a different, possibly more suitable arena. This is only possible after Plantera has been defeated.
- Golem's fists are vulnerable to the Piranha Gun at the first stage as they retract when damaged and the Piranha Gun attacks 7 times per second, effectively disabling the fist.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A golem is a being from Jewish folklore, a living being created from mud or clay and through rituals in order to defend townspeople from attacks. The theme persists in stories and video games today.
- Golem is one of the seven bosses with legs, the others being Lepus, Betsy , Ogre , Mourning Wood, Everscream,and Lunatic Cultist .
- It is one of the three bosses that cannot move through blocks, the others being King Slime (without teleporting) and Lepus. (The stone head can pass through blocks)
- If Golem's Head is spawned without the body (most likely using commands or mods), it will lose its health rapidly, then explode like normal upon death, but it will not drop anything.
- Golem's released Head in its second form has Health and Defense stats, however it remains invincible through normal gameplay.
- Heart Arrows are able to freeze the Golem's body parts if they connect. This includes the invincible head.
- Golem is evidently a mechanical being, as his summon item is a power cell, and damaging him produces sounds similar to metal being damaged by bullets.
- He is also immune to Poison, Venom, and On Fire!, which also fits the traits of a typical machine.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.3.4: Defeating Golem unlocks tier 3 version of Old One's Army.
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Now unable to spawn until Plantera has been defeated.
- Has increased health, damage, and defense.
- Its attacks are able to penetrate walls.
- Now drops 15 , 4-8 Beetle Husks, and Golem Mask.
- Now immune to Poisoned and On Fire!.
- Golem can now successfully move through platforms.
- Summoning Golem will now properly only use one Power Cell.
- Will now flee to despawn after all players have been killed.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.