|AI Type||Golem Body AI|
|Max Life||39000 / 58500 (total)|
16000 / 24000 (head)
9000 / 13500 (body)
7000 / 10500 (each fist)
In its first form, Golem has three target areas: its head and its two fists. After its head is defeated, the head flies off and the body becomes the target while the invincible head attacks the player.
While Golem is alive, music Boss 5 will play.
Summoning[edit | edit source]
Golem is summoned by using the ⚷ Open / Activate key on the Lihzahrd Altar, located in the final Jungle Temple chamber, while at least one Lihzahrd Power Cell is in the player's inventory. One Lihzahrd Power Cell is contained within each of the Jungle Temple's Lihzahrd Chests, and can be dropped rarely by Lihzahrds or Flying Snakes (2% chance). Golem spawns directly above the Altar. Plantera must have already been defeated at least once in the current world in order for Golem to spawn successfully. If it was not, the summon will fail, and a Lihzahrd Power Cell will not be consumed from the player's inventory.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Golem's main body cannot move through blocks. The lasers it shoots, the fists, and the invincible head during second phase pass through blocks.
First form[edit | edit source]
Golem shoots ricocheting fireballs, attacks with its fists that extend from chains, and jumps around. These increase in frequency as each part takes more damage: When the fists are damaged, they attack more often; when the head is damaged, Golem shoots more often. Golem's fists can travel through blocks, but have limited range, and will also retract immediately upon being hit with any weapon. Golem jumps around more often when a fist is destroyed. This compounds when both fists are destroyed.
When the head falls below half health (8000), all previous attacks continue, but the eyes will begin to fire eye lasers that can travel through blocks. It fires more rapidly as it takes more damage, and the fists do not retract when hit with a weapon. His head turns, which indicates who he's targeting.
Second form[edit | edit source]
When Golem's stone head has taken full damage, it detaches to reveal its core. Its body (9000 / 13500 health) then becomes the target. If the fists have not been destroyed, they will continue to attack the player more rapidly while the body continues to jump around.
The detached stone head is invincible, and can't be hit. It flies around and can move through blocks, fires lasers that also travel through blocks, and shoot ricocheting fireballs. Both the fireballs and lasers are fired more frequently as the body takes more damage.
Once the body drops to 0 health, Golem will explode and is defeated.
Parts[edit | edit source]
First form[edit | edit source]
Second form[edit | edit source]
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
Once Golem is defeated:
- Cultists spawn at the Dungeon's entrance, which can be used to summon the Lunatic Cultist and then the Lunar Events (provided that Skeletron is defeated as wellVerify).
- Martian Probes begin spawning randomly, which can trigger the Martian Madness event.
- Summoning the Old One's Army after Golem has been defeated triggers the most difficult "Tier 3" version of the event.
- The Steampunker will begin to sell the Steampunk Wings.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like most Bosses, Golem will despawn if the player travels too far away, including traveling back through the Lihzahrd Temple.
- Like Plantera, Golem will not despawn if you set your spawn point close to him.
- On all other versions, Golem will despawn by sinking through blocks.
- Golem's map icon maps its head, not its core, so when the head flies off, the map icon follows it.
- Golem's fist attack will only fire at the player when they are in the middle or to the same side as the fist. A fist will not cross Golem to strike a player, even if the other fist has been destroyed. However, if the player is above Golem using Wings, grappling hooks, etc, both arms will fire at the player.
- If the head chases a player too far away, the body despawns and the head will explode. In this case, no drops will be obtained and does not count as a Golem defeat.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- By using actuators players can "increase" the Jungle Temple arena space for more maneuverability.
- If a player is lucky enough to obtain it with a single Golem fight, they can use the Picksaw to remove the Lihzahrd Altar and place it in a more suitable arena.
- In some cases, the terrain surrounding the altar will cause Golem to get stuck when it spawns. It can attack with its fists and projectiles but will be unable to jump around. Players can also recreate this condition by placing blocks near the altar.
- On the Mobile version, using a Flamethrower, Fire Gauntlet, or similar weapon or accessory can be useful when fighting Golem, as Golem is not immune to On Fire! on this version.
- If you wish to battle Golem somewhere else, you can use Actuators and place them under the altar and connect wires to it and connect it to a switch or a lever. Use the switch/lever and then the Altar will drop for you to pick it up and place it anywhere you'd like it to be.Verify
Achievement[edit | edit source]
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A golem is a being from Jewish folklore, created from mud or clay and brought to life through rituals in order to defend townspeople from attacks. The theme persists in stories and video games today.
- Golem is one of the four bosses with legs. The others are Lepus, Betsy and Lunatic Cultist.
- It is one of the 3 bosses that cannot move through blocks.
- If Golem's Head is spawned without the body (most likely using commands or mods), it will lose its health rapidly, then explode like normal upon death, but it won't drop anything.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124:
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Now unable to spawn until Plantera has been defeated.
- Has increased health, damage, and defense.
- Its attacks are able to penetrate walls.
- Now drops 15 , 4-8 Beetle Husks, and Golem Mask.
- Now immune to Poisoned and On Fire!.
- Golem can now successfully move through platforms.
- Summoning Golem will now properly only use one Power Cell.
- Will now flee to despawn after all players have been killed.
- Desktop 1.2: Introduced.
- Console 1.02: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced.