We have begun migration of most wikis to our new host, Amazon Web Services. All but the top 100 wikis are in read-only mode until the migration is complete. Estimated completion: TBD -- Update: Fri 10/20 11pm UTC - We have encountered some unexpected issues. Our staff is working around the clock to complete this process as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience.
|AI Type||Golem Body AI|
|Max Life|| 39000 / 58500 (total)|
16000 / 24000 (head)
9000 / 13500 (body)
7000 / 10500 (each fist)
|Internal NPC ID: 245-248|
- For the enemy in granite caves, see Granite Golem.
In its first form, Golem has three target areas: its head and its two hands. After its head is defeated, Golem enters its second form, where the head detaches and flies around independently. Its target area then becomes the center of its body.
While Golem is alive, music Boss 5 will play.
Summoning[edit | edit source]Golem is summoned by using Lihzahrd Altar, located in the final Jungle Temple chamber, while at least one Lihzahrd Power Cell is in the player's inventory. One Lihzahrd Power Cell is contained within each of the Jungle Temple's Lihzahrd Chests, and can be dropped rarely by Lihzahrd enemies. Golem spawns directly above the Altar.
Plantera must already be defeated at least once in the current world in order for Golem to spawn successfully. If it was not, the summon will fail, and a Lihzahrd Power Cell will not be consumed from the player's inventory.
Behavior[edit | edit source]
Golem's main body cannot move through blocks, but its eye laser attack can. Its fists can travel through blocks, and its stone head can once it detaches in its second form.
In Console versions, the stone head cannot pass through blocks once detached, allowing players to trap it by placing blocks.
First form[edit | edit source]
Golem shoots ricocheting fireballs, attacks with its fists that extend from chains, and jumps around. These increase in frequency as each part takes more damage: When the fists are damaged, they attack more often. When the head is damaged, Golem jumps and shoots more often. Golem's fists can travel through blocks, but have limited range, and will also retract immediately upon being hit with any weapon.
When the head falls below half health (8000), all previous attacks continue, but the eyes will begin to fire eye lasers that can travel through blocks. It fires more rapidly as it takes more damage, and the fists do not retract when hit with a weapon.
Second form[edit | edit source]
When Golem's stone head has taken full damage, it detaches to reveal its core. Its body (9000 / 13500 health) then becomes the target. If the fists have not been destroyed, they will continue to attack the player more rapidly while the body continues to jump around.
The detached stone head is immune to attacks. It flies around and can move through blocks, fires lasers that also travel through blocks, and shoot ricocheting fireballs. Both the fireballs and lasers are fired more frequently as the body takes more damage.
Parts[edit | edit source]
Aftermath[edit | edit source]
- Cultists spawn at the Dungeon's entrance, which can be used to summon the Lunatic Cultist and then the Lunar Events.
- Martian Probes begin spawning randomly, which can trigger the Martian Madness event.
- Summoning the Old One's Army after Golem has been defeated triggers the most difficult "Tier 3" version of the event.
- The Steampunker will begin to sell the Steampunk Wings.
Achievement[edit | edit source]
|Lihzahrdian Idol • "Defeat Golem, the stone-faced ritualistic idol of the lihzahrd tribe."|
|Defeat Golem for the first time.|
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Like most bosses, Golem will despawn if the player travels too far away, including traveling back through the Lihzahrd Temple.
- Like Plantera, Golem will not despawn if you set your spawn point close to him.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- (Xbox 360 Only) Sometimes, if a player runs with Hermes Boots (or any of its derivatives) into the Lihzahrd Temple's door, they can phase through it without having to beat Plantera.
- Place blocks on either side of the door, hammer them into ramps, put actuators on the blocks, and with the flip of a switch, the player can get through the door without defeating Plantera. This is called hoiking.
- On the Mobile version, using a Flamethrower, Fire Gauntlet, etc., can be useful.
- By using actuators players can "increase" the Jungle temple arena space for more maneuverability (only possible once Plantera was defeated).
- The player can place traps around the altar (not too close though as this will make Golem spawn on top of them). This makes it possible to farm Golem.
- Ranged weapon users can build a simple wooden platform above Golem and shoot down at it during its first phase.
- Golem's fist attack will only fire at the player when they are in the middle or to the same side as the fist. A fist will not cross Golem to strike a player, even if the other fist has been destroyed.
- Golem cannot move through solid blocks, so a player can create a cage of blocks to encase the Lihzahrd Altar (make sure it is big enough for the Golem to fit inside). Use weapons that can attack through blocks, mine gaps in the cage walls to fire through, or place trap mechanisms within it. Golem's eye-lasers and fist attacks will travel through solid blocks, but the cage will nullify its jumping mechanic (not only removing a large portion of the fighting movement, but also making him easier to hit, which speeds the fight up considerably).
- Try clinging to a ceiling with a grappling hook and use any magic or ranged weapons on Golem from above. Place down campfires, Heart Statues, Heart Lanterns, and the Star Statue and Star in a Bottle (for magic users).
- Alternatively, a player could build a box to stay inside (or just a ceiling) a little bit above the altar, but below where Golem will spawn, then use a weapon that can go through blocks (such as the Clinger Staff). This will protect the player from Golem's jumping attack. The player can destroy Golem's fists to make the battle easier.
- Golem is very easy to defeat provided that the player can hit it at a high rate to keep the fists from striking them, and dodge its attacks. A great weapon to use is the Magical Harp, due to its high rate of fire, ricochet, and piercing. This will hit Golem many times within a given amount of time.
- In some cases, the Lihzahrd Altar will spawn in such a way that when summoning Golem, it will get stuck and be unable to move. In this scenario, it can attack with its fists and projectiles but will be unable to jump around. Players can also re-create this condition by placing blocks near the altar.
- For magic users, Spectre armor with hood combined with a Magnet Sphere can make the fight a matter of simply moving around. The damage from the Magnet Sphere gives enough healing to counteract almost all attacks due to its high rate of fire when near Golem. Using this strategy with the Vampire Knives allows a player to defeat the Golem without needing a single Healing Potion.
- Once the player has beaten Golem, they can use the Picksaw to remove the Lihzahrd Altar and place it in a more suitable arena.
- If a player wants to remove the Lihzahrd Altar, but hasn't yet obtained the Picksaw, they can use Actuators to remove the blocks under the Lihzahrd Altar in order to collect it. (It has been reported that this method will corrupt your world save files on the 3DS and Mobile versions, rendering you unable to re-enter the world, so it is advised to only do this on worlds you do not wish to keep.)
- Players can also build a cage (with cannons, if you have the pirate NPC) around the golem altar. This way, Golem can't achieve his jumping attack and becomes easier to defeat with weapons that attack through blocks (such as the mushroom spear or death sickle). The nimbus rod and crimson rod are also good for summoning rain clouds inside the cage to damage golem repeatedly.
- In the mobile version of Terraria, it will also help to take an Inferno Potion to make the fight easier.
- If you have low defense, it is recommended to use high damage with potions or buffs to finish off the core once the head is defeated. It is a good method to use for Ranged Weapon and Magic Weapon users.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- A golem is a being from medieval Jewish folklore, created from mud or clay and brought to life through rituals in order to defend townspeople from attacks. The theme persists in stories and video games today.
History[edit | edit source]
- Now unable to spawn until Plantera has been defeated.
- Has increased health, damage, and defense.
- Its attacks are able to penetrate walls.
- Now drops 15 , 4-8 Beetle Husks, and Golem Mask.
- Now immune to Poisoned and On Fire!.
- Golem can now successfully move through platforms.
- Summoning Golem will now properly only use one Power Cell.
- Will now flee to despawn after all players have been killed.
- 1.2: Introduced.