The Granite Cave is a mini-biome found in the Underground and Cavern layers. Granite Caves are generally wide-open caverns dotted with occasional ledges, though their shape may vary due to the presence of overlapping cave systems. They are made entirely out of Granite Blocks and Granite Walls and contain several Pots. Underground Cabins spawned in a Granite Cave will be made out of Granite-themed blocks and furniture.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Since it is only a mini-biome, the usual NPC spawning rules do not apply to the Granite Cave. Instead, Granite Elementals and Granite Golems require one Granite Block on which they can spawn, inside the player's spawn range; or any Granite Block between 30 and 60 tiles away from the player. A single Granite Block is sufficient (although the chance increases with the number of Granite Blocks) and Granite Walls do not have any impact. However, if the player is standing on a Granite Block, the chance for Granite Elementals and Granite Golems to spawn gets a significant boost. In that case, no further Granite Blocks in the vicinity are required.
- On Drunk World the way it generates is swapped with a Marble Cave. (Mobile, Desktop)
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Beginners should avoid the general vicinity of Granite Caves until they have at least a full set of Wooden armor and an Iron Broadsword or bow. This is because Granite Elementals not only travel through blocks, but also do large amounts of damage to starting players.
- Granite biomes usually have at least a standalone chest in them, so once a player is powerful enough to repel Granite Elementals, they should explore the biome.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 220.127.116.11:
- Added new Granite rubble piles.
- Added two new drops from Granite Cave enemies:
- Fixed a world generation issue where Granite and Marble biomes that had generated under the Dungeon would still leave some of the Dungeon Bricks hammered in the same shape they were when before the Dungeon generated.
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 22.214.171.124.5: Introduced. ()
- Mobile 126.96.36.199: Introduced. ( )
References[edit | edit source]