The Granite Elemental is an enemy that spawns in Granite Caves. It floats towards the player, passing through tiles if the player is far enough. In Expert mode, Granite Elementals will occasionally drop to the ground defensively when attacked, making them immune to all damage until they begin hovering again.
Granite Elementals drop Granite Blocks upon death, which are the same bluish-purple color as the elemental itself. They can also rarely drop the Night Vision Helmet.
- A player can know if a Granite Cave is near if Granite Elementals pass through tiles and reach the player.
- Granite Elementals follow you as a Ghost if there is one present when you die.
- Only one Granite Elemental can be present in the world at all time.
- As enemy names are now stored in a separate language file, the name parameter for an NPC remains unused. The name for the Granite Elemental is "Grelimental", a portmanteau of both "Granite" and "Elemental", in a similar style to the Granite Golem's "Grolem".
- During the official 1.3 trailer, Multiple Granite Elementals can be seen simultaneously, suggesting that their spawn limit was not yet added at the time.
- Elementals are magical entities who embody/personify a force of nature. Historically, elementals personify one of the four Classical elements: earth, water, air or fire (sometimes plant, but never Aether). Dungeons & Dragons introduced elementals that were fusions, and other unconventional elementals.