“Earth elementals manifest through many forms by taking on the properties of different materials, such as this hardy granite.
— The Bestiary
The Granite Elemental is an enemy that spawns in Granite Caves. It floats towards the player. In Expert Mode, Granite Elementals will occasionally drop to the ground defensively when attacked, making them immune to all damage until they begin hovering again.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- A player will know that a Granite Cave is near if Granite Elementals pass through tiles and reach the player.
- Granite Elementals follow you as a Ghost if there is one present when you die.
- Only one Granite Elemental can be present in the world at all times.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As enemy names are now stored in a separate language file, the name parameter for an NPC remains unused. The name for the Granite Elemental is "Grelimental", a portmanteau of both "Granite" and "Elemental", in a similar style to the Granite Golem's "Grolem".
- During the official 1.3 trailer, Multiple Granite Elementals can be seen simultaneously, suggesting that their spawn limit was not yet added at the time.
- Elementals are magical entities who embody/personify a force of nature. Historically, elementals personify one of the four Classical elements: earth, water, air or fire (sometimes plant, but never Aether). Dungeons & Dragons introduced elementals that were fusions, and other unconventional elementals.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52:
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.