|AI Type||Fighter AI|
|Banner||Granite Golem Banner|
- Item (Quantity)Rate
- Granite Block (5-10)100%
- Internal NPC ID: 482
“Strong are the magicked spirits which inhabit the granite masses deep below, this type in particular taking on a humanoid shape.
— The Bestiary
- This article is about the enemy in Granite Caves. For the post-Plantera boss, see Golem. For the rare, resilient enemy from the Snow biome, see Ice Golem.
The Granite Golem is an enemy found only in Granite Caves. Every few seconds, it will shield itself from all attacks making it completely invulnerable (note that it can still deal damage to players during this invulnerable state should they walk into it). It can drop the Night Vision Helmet rarely, and will always drop a small amount of Granite Blocks, just like the Granite Elemental. Might also rarely drop Mining Helmet.
Notes[edit | edit source]
- One will know they are near a Granite Cave if they are able to hear the grunts the Granite Golem occasionally emits.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Granite Golems can be summoned by activating a Granite Golem Statue with Wire. This can be a very useful way of farming them for the Night Vision Helmet, which sells for
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- As enemy names are now stored in a separate language file, the name parameter for an NPC remains unused. The name for the Granite Golem is "Grolem", a portmanteau of both "Granite" and "Golem", in similar style to the Granite Elemental's "Grelimental".
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Now has a 5% chance of dropping the Geode consumable, which drops two types of gems upon being thrown, and a 2% chance of dropping the Spaghetti food item.
- Desktop 1.3.5: Fixed inconsistent naming for the banner (was previously called "Grolem Banner").
- Desktop 220.127.116.11: Introduced.
- Console 1.0.933.1: Introduced. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Introduced. ()
- Switch 1.0.711.6: Introduced.
- Mobile 18.104.22.168: Introduced.