The Grasshopper is a type of critter. It can be caught using the Bug Net or Golden Bug Net to be carried around in the inventory and released later. Grasshoppers can also be used as bait for fishing. They can be found when destroying grass.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
Vegetation qualifying for Grasshopper spawns
|Short grass plants|
|Tall grass plants|
- The chance for a Grasshopper to spawn is 1/100 when destroying short grass plants and 1/50 when destroying tall grass plants. It can only spawn if there are less than 4 other Grasshoppers currently nearby.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- While they tend to hop away from the player during the day, Grasshoppers will start hopping towards them during the night, similarly to how slimes become unconditionally aggressive at night. This is because Grasshoppers use the same AI that slimes use. They still cannot hurt the player, however, because they do 0 damage.
- Because they follow the Slime AI, they can float in water.
- In the Old-gen console version, Grasshoppers are completely immune to damage from players.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Can now be used to craft Grasshopper Statues.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.
References[edit | edit source]