The Grasshopper is a type of critter. It can be caught using the Bug Net to be carried around in the inventory and released later. They can also be used as Bait for Fishing. They can be found when destroying grass on the surface.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Used in[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- After extensive testing on all types of grass and at all times, the general chances of a Grasshopper appearing from a single block of grass is 12.8%.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- While they tend to hop away from you during the day, Grasshoppers will start hopping towards you during the night, similarly to how Slimes become unconditionally aggressive towards you at night. This is because Grasshoppers use the same AI that Slimes use. They still cannot hurt you, because they do 0 damage.
- Because they follow the Slime AI, they can float in water.
- In the Mobile and Old-gen console versions, Grasshoppers are immune to Players, so no matter how many times you use weapons, it wouldn't be killed.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Can now be used to craft Grasshopper Statues.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Introduced.