|Use time||22 (Fast)|
|Tooltip||Digs in a bigger area than a pickaxe|
Only digs up soft tiles
'Can you dig it?'
- Internal Item ID: 4711
The Gravedigger's Shovel is a tool that can be used to dig up "soft tiles" (see below) more efficiently than a pickaxe, in a 3x3 radius from the cursor, and can only be crafted at an anvil whilst placed in a graveyard mini-biome. Additionally, it can also be used to clear out Tombstones on soft ground.
It takes 2 swings to dig up each soft tile, and mines all tiles at the same time.
Affected blocks[edit | edit source]
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- At least six Tombstones must be placed near the player to craft this item.
- The Shovel cannot break Tombstones directly and must remove them by digging up the ground under them.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- The Shovel's damage and swing speed are comparable to a Tungsten Broadsword, but with greater range and autoswing. This makes it effective as an early-game weapon despite its intended use as a tool.
- Uses for the Shovel include easier navigation in the Snow and Jungle biomes by shoveling Snow and Mud Blocks, faster Hellstone mining by shoveling Ash Blocks, faster use of an Extractinator by shoveling Silt and Slush Blocks, and faster acquisition of Red Bricks for construction by shoveling Clay Blocks.
- In the for the worthy seed, the shovel can dig soft blocks with one click.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- The Shovel itself might be a reference to Dampé, the gravekeeper from the Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, who would offer to dig up soft spots in the graveyard for Link.
- The tooltip references a classic 50's and 60's slang phrase, which appears in many works then and since.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 188.8.131.52: Fixed an issue where, when digging, the Gravedigger's Shovel didn't dig the center block at the same speed.
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.