The Graveyard is a mini-biome that appears when five or more Tombstones are in close proximity. Unique Graveyard monsters spawn here day and night, as well as the usual creatures of the night. Vendors have special trades here, and the Ecto Mist on the ground enables unique crafting recipes for the player.
As more Tombstones are added, the Graveyard's effects grow stronger. Colors desaturate, and lightning randomly strikes in the background. The limits of the biome grow larger, and Ecto Mist accumulates on the ground. This mist modifies many different crafting stations, enabling many unique crafting recipes. During all hours of the day, Maggot Zombies, Ghosts, and Ravens spawn, as well as usual night enemies like Zombies, Demon Eyes and, in Hardmode, Wandering Eyes.
- 5 Tombstones allow Ghosts, daytime Zombies, and daytime Demon Eyes to spawn.
- 6 Tombstones allow Maggot Zombies to spawn.
- 6 Tombstones allow NPC vendors to sell unique items.
- 6 Tombstones allow unique item crafting.
Contents[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- A large amount of Ecto Mist coats surfaces in Graveyard biomes, which can obscure items like Pressure Plates. This could previously be toggled on and off with the "Blood and Gore" setting, but this appears to have been patched.
- While night-only enemies can spawn at daytime through the graveyard, nocturnal bosses still cannot be spawned during the day.
- NPCs in worlds with Hardcore characters will drop tombstones when they are killed, making it possible to build a Graveyard without sacrificing a character. It is not known if hardcore characters are required for this, though.
- Although NPCs will complain when in a Graveyard, it does not actually affect their happiness at all. As a graveyard is always in combination with a different biome, their happiness value will be based on the other present biome.
- In this biome, every Zombie has the ability to open doors, albeit randomly. Maggot Zombies and Werewolves (only during Full Moon nights) immediately open doors, similarly to Blood Moon enemies.
- The Happy! buff is revoked whilst in a graveyard.
Achievements[edit | edit source]
Tips[edit | edit source]
- Avoid letting Tombstones accumulate around one's base/spawn point during the early game, as Ghosts have high health and damage output compared to starting characters, and the player will be bothered by Zombies and Demon Eyes.
- Using Sunflowers around common death spots such as arenas can help to prevent a Graveyard from being created without the need to constantly mine tombstones. Another option is to mine one-tile gaps in the ground and platforms such that tombstones cannot be placed.
- Due to the high spawn rate, having a Graveyard can be useful for farming coins.
- The Dryad sells Crimson Seeds in a Corrupt world and Corrupt Seeds in a Crimson world during Hardmode when housed in a Graveyard biome, meaning you can get both Evil biomes in one world without bringing some items from other worlds.
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 1.4.1:
- Desktop 184.108.40.206: Introduced.
- Mobile 220.127.116.11.0: Introduced with changes from Desktop 18.104.22.168.