From Terraria Wiki
The Gravitation Potion is a buff potion which grants the Gravitation buff when consumed. This buff allows the player to invert gravity with
|Use time||16 Very Fast|
|Tooltip||Allows the control of gravity|
|Buff duration||3 minutes|
|Buff tooltip||Press UP to reverse gravity|
This lasts for 3 minutes, but can be cancelled at any time by right-clicking the icon, by selecting the icon and canceling it in the equipment menu/gui, by reloading the world, or by cancelling the buff from the buffs screen.
Crafting[edit | edit source]
Recipe[edit | edit source]
Notes[edit | edit source]
- While flipping gravity resets your fall distance, this potion does not negate fall damage on its own. Using a Featherfall potion, wings, a Lucky Horseshoe or an Obsidian Horseshoe will make using Gravitation potions a lot safer.
- Falling upwards to the map's height limit will not damage you, but it is possible to die by smacking into the underside of a Floating Island, or any other ceiling.
- Falling to the map's height limit will automatically flip you right-side up.
- The sound effect of the player flipping gravity has the same sound effect of the Shadow Orb (item), Vilethorn, as well as when a Fire Imp teleports.
- In the Old-gen console version, you have the option to turn off "World Flips Upside Down", making it so only the player flips.
- While flipping gravity on Old-gen console version and using the hoverboard horizontal speed boost while having Hermes Boots or any equal or upgraded version equipped will cause the boots speed boost to allow the user to run forever. If using the hoverboard fixed hover mode then the user will stay in place forever.
Tips[edit | edit source]
- It is helpful for finding Floating Islands by hovering up and down at the right altitude.
- Gravitation effectively surpasses the Rocket Boots and Wings combination as the air travel method with the most range, though it is more difficult to control as a flight method.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Walking effects, such as the snowy effect when wearing a full set of Frost armor, will not be flipped.
See also[edit | edit source]
History[edit | edit source]
- Desktop 18.104.22.168: Sprite updated.
- Desktop 1.2.4: Fixed bug where magic missiles, drills and Dirt Rods would not function properly in reverse gravity.
- Desktop 22.214.171.124: Fixed bug where long hairs would draw the front part in the player's feet when in reverse gravity.
- Desktop 1.2.3:
- Fixed bug where sign bubbles would appear in the wrong place at reverse gravity.
- Fixed bug where Featherfall Potion did not function equally on reverse gravity.
- Fixed issue where you cannot jump while in reverse gravity in water.
- Fixed bug where certain hats would be placed weirdly under reversed gravity.
- Fixed bug where Rune Robe particles appeared on player's head in reverse gravity.
- Fixed bug where chat bubbles displayed "wrong" in reverse gravity.
- Fixed bug where attempting to move NPCs with reverse gravity used the opposite screen height position.
- Fixed bug where zooming with sniper scope / binoculars would go in opposite height direction when in reverse gravity.
- Rod of Discord works properly when gravity is flipped.
- Fixed precision with Hydra Staff in reverse gravity.
- Desktop 1.2: The Gravitation effect now flips the view of the world, rather than the character's sprite.
- Desktop 1.0.5: Introduced, with the subtext 'Press UP or DOWN to reverse gravity'
- Console 1.0.933.1: Sprite updated. ()
- Console 1.0.750.0: Sprite updated. ()
- Console 1.02: The Gravitation effect now flips the view of the world, rather than the character's sprite.
- Console-Release: Introduced.
- Mobile 1.2.6508: The Gravitation effect now flips the view of the world, rather than the character's sprite.
- Mobile-Release: Introduced.
- 3DS-Release: Introduced with Gravitation effect flipping the world view, not the character's sprite.